#442577 08/10/08 02:57 AM
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Do you have a favorite Bernie Mac moment? I couldn't get enough of him.

It saddened my heart to learn the world lost one of its funny men, Bernie Mac. He was so real and honest. And I believe that is what made his comedy so appealing? He was straightforward, to the point, and unapologetic. He was just being him.

I cannot believe that he is gone. So much love is being expressed for Bernie Mac.

Although he received some heckling last month for a fund-raiser for Barack Obama; Bernie Mac was still the man. What you saw is what you got. And, you can't fault a person for being true to himself.

He will be truly missed. My heart is extended to his family and friends. If I feel the way I do; I can only imagine what they are experiencing. frown

Have a blessed weekend!
Remember to love with all your heart!
Ruthe

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
It was stunningly sad to read of Bernie Mac's passing.

He could always make me laugh, no matter what kind of day I'd had. His humor rang out with truthfulness and a certain joy that engaged the mind and heart. His humor was so meaty you could gnaw it to the bone. Even on a tiny television screen you could feel the presence of the man.

I think I first saw him when I watched Moesha with my daughter. I always paused to watch when my son turned on The Bernie Mac show. He understood the simple conflicts of everyday life so well, and how human beings really work. He was so especially funny and honest about the meat and potatoes of family life.

In movies he inhabited his characters with such magnetic energy that I would sit forward in my seat when he arrived in a scene. There was something in the way he moved, or rested, that was so satisfying to watch.

I can't imagine what his friends and especially his family are going through. His presence was so strong from a television or movie screen, his spirit must have filled the room in person.

He will be missed, but more than that I think he will be celebrated for a good long time, for all that he brought with him to the world and left with us who were so fortunate to know of him. It makes me sad to think of his loved ones who will be missing his physical presence and affection. I hope the memory of his wonderful voice and warmth will carry them through this time of grief.

They will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I still can't get over him on Def Comedy Jam. Being a homeboy of mine, and that start up of him:

"I'm black, I'm big-boned, I'm hung low, if I take my **** out, everything would be black in here, Kick It, Kid Kupree". Wow, those where the dayz...

He made me start giving more support to those in my family without expecting to received anything in return.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.