Print Thread
#441313 08/05/08 10:42 PM
O
onmyway Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
O
Anyone here have any exotic specialty dishes they make in the kitchen? lemme know.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
onmyway #441863 08/07/08 04:45 PM
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Well I was going to post a recipe but then I saw that you said "exotic" and that got me thinking I better dig a little deeper into my recipe cards. So I will get back to you on this when I find the specific recipe I'm looking for. In the meantime here is a basic creative way to spruce up your Angel Hair Pasta (even the boxed Pasta Roni kind)...

Cook a few packages of Olive Style Pasta Roni Angel Hair Pasta (or cook your own pasta and add your own white sauce)

I microwave a half a package of turkey bacon.
Then I drain a few cans of Italian Style Stewed Diced Tomatoes

To spruce up the pasta add in crunched up turkey bacon and stewed tomatoes. Then you can also stir in some shrimp if you like or serve it as a stand-alone along side some grilled pork loins. The bacon and tomatoes really top off the pasta.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 08/08/08 05:31 PM.
onmyway #441873 08/07/08 05:47 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: onmyway
Anyone here have any exotic specialty dishes they make in the kitchen? lemme know.

I make this all summer long. You can buy lemongrass in a squeeze tube in the produce section of the grocery store.

Thai Chicken Salad

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
This is my favorite dish to make during the Holidays for my family and for guests. It's a winner!

Stuffed Minute Steak Supreme

1/4 cup honey
2 Tb soy sauce
1 cup hot water
2 Tb butter or margarine, cut into pieces
2 cups Stove Top Flexible Serving Stuffing Mix
1 Red Pepper chopped
4 minute steaks (4 oz each) pounded for rolling

MIX honey and soy sauce; set aside. Combine hot water and butter in bowl; stir to partially melt butter. Stir in Stove Top and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup stuffing on each steak. Roll steaks, secure with wood picks.

Place steaks in baking pan. Spoon honey mixture over steaks. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

I double my batch to make twice as much. You can substitute green peppers for the red peppers, but it's the red peppers that make this dish sweet and tangy.

O
onmyway Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
O
Deb. that sounds like a terrific steak dish. have u ever been to the kraft website by ne chance? they have this new entertaining recipe widget that has some interesting appetizer/dessert dishes for the holidays! if u want even more ideas in ur recipe library..check it out.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.