Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi everyone, I've just posted the Rhode Island State Quilt Block as part of the State Block Series, and I'm thinking of doing a series of Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA. In 1912, a competition was held (similar to the State quilt block competition) to gather the quilt blocks of each of the state capitals. A book was published with these blocks and I'd like to present them here on the BellaOnline Quilting site. Would readers be interested in that series? I'd love to have some feedback.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
W
I would love to see State Pattern Blocks! This Rhode Island Block is one I am going to do with tongue in cheek. I will be doing it in Red and White - "Rhode Island Red".
Wanetha

M
M
Hi Judie... am new to this site.not sure if this is where I need to aske this question...I saved a few of the State Quilt blocks to "Delicious"... My only problem now is I cannot figure out how to get to them so I can make them....Also am I allowed to print the directions for my use to make the block. Is there any place that I am unaware of that explains how to do this...Also I think State Capital blocks to go with the state blocks is a wonderful idea...Memere60

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi memere60, thanks for your message. I'm not sure what Delicious is but I'm guessing it's a title in our favourites. Not sure how I can help you there, but there is an "implied" permission for you to download the instructions and use them for your own use. So go right ahead. Thanks too for your comment about the state capitals.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Q
Q
I would love to see the blocks. I have collected patterns for years but these will be some I have not seen before. Thanks so much for sharing. Will be anxious to see them. The remainder of the state blocks will be fun too.

L
L
The colors that you've used in the pattern, are they suggested colors or is it totally up to the quilter?

L
L
In your search for patterns for the state capitals, could you also collect those for the State flowers?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi, everyone. I have been going to the Bellonline site for it seems like forever, and just now joined the forum. Boy this is a large forum with so many boards to get involved with. Awesome. Anyway, this is probably the wrong place to be writing about just joining but I want to include YES to the State Blocks. I was going to start making the blocks already done a long time ago but did not because I did not want to have another UFO. But I will definitly start making them if we are going to get the rest. Thanks for sure. I am on board!( Yes Pun intended (-: )

Last edited by Donna Rae; 07/30/08 11:48 AM.

Donna Rae
G
G
Thank you for revitalizing the State Blocks. And my vote is "FOR" State Capital blocks. My husband and I visit state capitals as we travel around the US. Marble and granite floor patterns make wonderful quilt patterns. I have a collection of fabric that resemble marble so I can someday make a quilt from these patterns that symbolize our travels. Maybe I should get started and do one after each capital visit so I don't end up with 50 to do at one time. Thanks for listening to my think my way through this plan. LOL

Galloping Butterfly
CDM Offline
Hi Judie, THANKS so much for picking up the State Quilt Blocks Series. That is how I found BellaOnline in the first place. I have the book that was reprinted in the 1970's and have been working on making a block for each of the 7 states in which I have lived. The directions in the book use templates instead of measurements. I prefer quick measurements to messing with templates, when possible. I have also found that there are different variations to some of the blocks. Some are even totally different. Anyway, it is a fun way to remember all of my homes. I Love your newsletter. CDM

CINDY

Purple is not a color...it is a way of life!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.