Luke 6:41 -42 (MSG) "It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this I-know-better-than-you mentality again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your own part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.

This passage of Scripture came to me just about the time I was about to vent about a friend of mine that does not do what he says he is going to do. As a result, I have lost confidence in anything he says. Then, all of a sudden I started remembering the incomplete projects I promised would be done by now, the email I forgot to send last night, commitments I have made that have not yet made it to the top of my to do list (because of the incomplete projects).

A flood of emotions came over me and I immediately had to ask for forgiveness for the negative thoughts I directed towards my friend: "Where is his integrity?", "I never should have trusted him in the first place." Totally dismissing the fact that he has always been loyal, trustworthy, and honest in the past and has recently shared that he has been going through a difficult time in his life.

I am so thankful that I serve a loving, forgiving, patient God that knows all of my faults and loves me even more. As I grow in Christ everyday, I pray that I learn to be more loving, forgiving, and patient with all who cross my path.

Forgive me, Father, for the times when my selfish desires get in the way of seeing opportunities to reach out to those who need encouragement, prayer, hope, or a silent friend to just hold hands with. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.