Next Thread
Print Thread
#430989 06/28/08 02:48 PM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
I do not believe in picking your own Deity. To me that is like falling in love with someone who has never even noticed you are alive. So what if no Deity ever claims you? What if you have done all the meditating and rituals and introspective journeys and still no one steps forward? I mean like after 15 years? Where do you go? Atheism? I am friends with many spirits and what could be called gods, but no one has ever been interested in my worship or offered their patronage. So what do I do?

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
But, you work with these spirits and gods, so aren't they your pantheon. I don't think you need to "worship," in the typical sense, and gods. But, you can work with the powers and make a magickal practice that brings you closer to Nature, your spirit guides or whatever, and with yourself.

As a Pagan, I don't outright worship anyone. I revere Nature. I ask for the powers to be to lend my magick power. At the same time, I view Deity as being a part of everything. So the power is also within yourself.

It really depends on your views on things. If you have had a successful religious experience with things as they are, do you really need to go searching for something else? Or perhaps the powers that be are trying to give you a lesson. That they don't require your worship.

Hope that helps...

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Maybe you are trying too hard? I find that as soon as we give up or relax about the whole situation and just let it happen the way it needs to happen it does.

I was single what seemed like forever. After 3 years of hunting, I gave up on ever finding a man. Only then did I meet my husband Donovan.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I agree with Wendy. Once you relax and stop trying so hard to seek, then the teacher or the love comes to you.

Your soul is the essence of you. Be open to what feels peaceful and right within. As froggie says, the power is within you. You should not sit back and wait for some power or diety to claim you - it might not be the power/diety you would want in your life. Learn to go into the silence and listen to your spirit and your heart.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
ok everyone...I did some serious "traveling" and I kept meeting a woman in rose red robes with long flaming auburn hair. At first I thought she was Freya, but she was not quite "Nordic" in nature, more Mediterranean/Middle Eastern it seemed. When I asked her name she laughed and said she has many names. So after I did some reading and I think I know who she is, but whoah! she is a hard one! There are many synchronicities that are leading me to believe I have identified her correctly, I am just not sure why she is the one who wants me...it is not a pantheon or system I ever considered before and it seems a little dangerous to me. Not much is known about her, so this would be entirely new ground. Do you think I should go for it? I believe she is Lady Babalon as in Thelema. But I am only being drawn to her not to the system. Is it possible there are other ways to worship/honor specific Gods/Goddesses of pantheons with established methods of ritual? I am calling her the Red Lady for now. Do any of you know any other red ladies?

LadyLvsNyt
In southern France is the Venus of Laussel which is carved in basrelief in a rock shelter. This appears once to have been a hunting shrine which dates to around 19,000 BC. In this carving the woman is painted red, perhaps to suggest blood, and holds a bison horn in one hand.

www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/g/goddess_1_intro_and_history.html

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
You don't have to necessarily work with the Thelemic version of Babalon for it to be valid. I wouldn't shy away from a dangerous deity but approach with an open mind and caution. It sounds like you have a good attitude in this regard.

I would do some more journeying with her and find out the way in which she wants you to work with her which may or may not be vastly different from any established system. Sometimes, the deities don't always answer us in the time frame we think they should. I believe that is partly due to their sense of time being very different from ours and also due to us needing to work with the energies involved gradually.

Thelemapedia has an excellent entry on her here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 07/22/08 02:15 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
LadyLvsNyt - How did you "travel"..........? I'd like to find a way to do that.......

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Dear Robin,
here is a good site for some different techniques and stories of others:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by LadyLvsNyt; 07/24/08 05:36 PM.

LadyLvsNyt

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.