Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL that is rather funny! I was saying just a few days ago that we really should wash the cats again, but I cringe at thinking of how traumatic it is ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
My cat, who is 18 years old, had her first washing last week. I thought she would panic as she does with so many other things but she did very well. We put her in the utility sink in the laundry room. It's nice and deep. I had my husband hold her front feet while I did the shampooing and rinsing. I think she felt more secure since we were both there - or she knew she didn't have a chance.

A pet groomer told me that older cats produce an oil that causes them to mat more easily and washing them helps, but the main reason for the bath was that she has developed an oder. The bath helped but it is starting to come back so she's getting a bath today.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have always had cats but never had a smelly one.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lynne - that's nice that it went relatively smoothly for you guys!

I know as our cats got older that they had more trouble getting to the litter box and would pee in their "bed", and then lay in it. They weren't too aware of what they were doing. Maybe it's something like that?

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
if that is a problem (peeing in bed and them laying in it) we use a mixture of 1:1 white vinegar to water... spray the bed thoroughly and then soak up the excess. toss the bed in the dryer and dry thoroughly. The vinegar counteracts the amonia. DON"T USE BLEACH WATER!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My 14 year old cat is getting very slow and he just peed his cat bed last week which is part of what brought this to mind. We just put the whole bed into the washing machine with detergent, and wash it on hot, long, double wash - but we don't dry it at all in the dryer. We air dry it. So I guess we take the opposite approach smile I'm sure in both cases the aim is to completely remove all traces of the pee smell so the cats don't begin to think of the bed as a normal litter place.

So far Hammie hasn't done it again, but I'm afraid his brain is fading ... he sort of hobbles around and limps slowly up the stairs. We'll do the best we can!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Our cat is definately senile. She gets lost and goes around "calling" for us. We have to put her in a cage at night because she was getting lost and not finding her litter pan. I think it was just at night because she seems to be doing ok now during the day.

She got her bath again today. She complained alot but was pretty good. She is all fluffy and clean.

Elephant
Elephant
Lisa, my suggestion is for the accidents. If it has dried, I always wash in hot water with detergent and add some vinegar to the rinse water and I double wash and then send it through the spin cycle 2 extra times ;0) I don't dry it then in the dryer

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Ha..ha ha ha...those dogs can really come up with ideas for cats can't they.. I bathed my long hair girl kitty once. She had major runny poop problems in her crate comeing back from the vet. Her nick name is Wicked Witch of the West. I was surprised that I had as much control of her as I did..she got clean, I didn't get clawed (none of my cats are declawed) and we were all happy... It was an experience though.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.