Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Oh! And get a decibel meter, they aren't *that* much - and start recording how loud these noises are. That way you have more proof that they are infringing on your home peace and quiet.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
An update on the situation:

The neighbor has been repeatedly warned and repeatedly continues to break the rules. The management told me she been given a final warning, the next step is to be asked to vacate. She now has had, for over a week, storing a lot of stuff in the entry way again, which is a common area. This makes it a safety hazard in case there is an emergency like a fire or earthquake. The night securtiy guard has told us he made documentation on it, but that was over a week ago and the stuff is still there.

My daughter has asked me not to make any more complaints, fearing repercussions from the neighbors. The management has offered us a "deal". If we move to another location, away from this neighbor, they will give us a discount for all the inconvience we have endured. We accepted. The new apartment will be on the other side of the street, in a better area, closer to everything (gym, pool, etc) and will have a washer/dryer in the unit.

This is good for us, but, I am concerned as to why the neighbor is getting away with all this nonsense and rule-breaking. Well, she will no longer be our concern after we move.

Even though we will come out better on this, I hate the thought of moving once again. Maybe (I tell myself) the management wants us out and at a safe distance when they evict the neighbor.?!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Phyllis, I wish you happiness in your new apartment. I live in a low income housing project with over 300 families. I know how miserable people can make it for you. I took to kicking my neighbors door and screaming at her (I don't recommend this) but i just couldn't stand her music any longer. After my 3rd complaint to the manager still nothing was done, I finally went to someone above my manager. And she got evicted for numerous breaking of the lease.
Only thing is some one else just moved in and the second day they were here her live in boyfriend broke into my cellar. Sad thing is we can't choose our neighbors

Rosie L
OP Offline
That is so true, Rosie. When one lives in apartment complexes, you are at the mercy of the whims of management as to who lives next to you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Phyllis...

I know it's a pain, but I'm glad to hear you are moving to a better area with a few more perks.
It will be nice to get away from this neighbor.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is awesome and an ideal resolution!! You get a better apartment, you get a quieter situation and you are far away from that person no matter what happens. I think you should look on this as a HUGE blessing and a chance to do some house cleaning and reorganizing while you're at it!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
OP Offline
Thanks Lisa and Lisa! I have been a little down just thinking about the move, but you both have just cheered me up and helped me to have a better outlook on this resolution - which I know is the best outcome of all this.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.