logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
So, I'm waiting to miscarry...I have been spotting/bleeding brown for about a week and 1/2 now. I just found out the news yesterday that chances are the baby did not make it. I will get the confirmation blood test results this morning and then I will need to make a decision - m/c naturally or get a D&C. I plan to schedule a D&C, but deep-down hope to m/c naturally before the appointment if it meant to happen that way.

I am curious...what were the first signs you had that gave you an indication you were about to m/c? And how long did they last until you finally did? And how long did it take for the entire m/c to happen?

I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm sad... many, many emotions all at the same time. I had no idea I would be feeling this way as little as two weeks ago

JM

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I know exactly what your going thru. I too im in the process of miscarring. I went in on monday so excited for my first US and no heartbeat. The docter took blood to run test. I couldnt believe it. I went to another docter tuesday to have the US done again.(just praying the first one made a mistake) NO HEARTBEAT!! today i was supposed to have the the bood work done again, but there was no need, i started cramping in the middle of the night and bleeding this morning. I was 6 weeks along. my docter says i will bleed for 1 to 2 weeks. Im so sorry you are also going thru this. I hope you have friends and family to help you.

L
llk Offline
L
I am also miscarring and am sad to see I have company. I wish "sticky baby dust" for us for the next try, should we choose to try again.

I started spotting 7/11, experienced light bleeding with mostly brown blood and some red, and went in for an ultrasound on 7/14. They found a heartbeat (128/bpm) and aged the fetus at 6w 3d. There were no bad signs on the U/S or the exam - but I was still bleeding. However, the next day I started cramping and bleeding more. The next day was worse. Finally I went in again today for another exam and U/S. No fetus.

I had another M/C in January at about 5.5 weeks, so they weren't able to do an U/S then. It was easier, I think, because it was my first M/C, and I didn't have a mental image. I was awash in thoughts of "well, it must be an embrionic abnormality and it's all for the best." This time I'm more in the camp of "why didn't I insist on progesterone supplements when I figured out I was pregnant?"

My friend the duola says you can bleed or you can cramp without worries, but not both. My personal experience is that I can't spot or bleed. I have a 3 year old, and that pregnancy went without incident, even though I was 36.

Depending on how far along you are, you may want to get the D&C. My doctor told me that the early M/Cs (up to about 7 weeks) aren't too painful or scary (ie, bloody). But a M/C at 9 or 10 weeks can be very painful and frightening. As I mentioned above, I had a M/C at 5.5 weeks, and it wasn't much worse than a slightly worse period than usual. This M/C at 6.5 weeks is more painful and a much heavier flow.

My doctor gave me a percoset prescription, but recommended advil and tylenol first (also, I don't think I can mix percoset with the other two). Please make sure you are medicated appropriately - you will suffer enough emotionally. Also I found some small amount of comfort in a box of See's candies. My DH is in another state and can't be with me and that isn't helping.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.