Print Thread
#429247 06/22/08 06:56 PM
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
�Cu�l es bien comer? �Cu�les son las comidas favoritas en su vicindad?

(What is good to eat? What are the favorite foods in your area?)

Talk about qu� y cu�l.

Tambi�n, las comidas y los alimentos.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angie #431179 06/29/08 09:37 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'd say:

�Qu� me aconsejas comer? (What is good to eat?)
The second one is perfect! ;-)

Bueno... Te aconsejo comer paella, que es arroz con marisco (o carne) �y est� deliciosa!

En mi zona una comida muy t�pica es el lechazo (cordero muy joven) al horno. (asado).

Y en general, algo muy t�pico de Espa�a es la Tortilla de patata. �Qu� buena!

�Y all�? �Qu� comidas me pueden aconsejar?

Koala
Koala
En mi zona, una comida favorita en muchas familias es Capirotada. Estes es uno platillo de postre que utiliza el pan seco. En la actualidad, generalmente se endulza con piloncillo y se enriquece con frutas y especias.

(In my area of South Texas, Capirotada is a favorite food for many families. It is a Mexican bread pudding - sometimes includes cheese along with the usual bread, milk, eggs, butter, raisins or apples, spices like cinnamon and sometimes nuts).

Lynn_B #433094 07/05/08 06:17 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Lynn!

�Hablas espa�ol! (You speak Spanish!) smile

�La capirota suena deliciosa! (Capirota sounds delicious!)

�Donde podemos encontrar alguna receta? (Where can we find any recipe??)

Koala
Koala
Angeles - I think it would be more accurate to say that I write Spanish. I do speak it, but not well; and the version I learned was Castillian Spanish. It's not my first language. I picked it up in high school (3 years) and continued with it in college (another 3 years). It still takes a great deal of effort for me to internalize it, translate it to English, formulate my repsonse, then translate it back to Spanish. Most often, if someone says something to me in Spanish, I respond in English. Given my location (south-central Texas), this isn't overly problematic.

Hay muchas recetas. Agui es una receta facil:

CAPIROTADA CON QUESO

This version is layered with cheese, raisins, nuts and bananas. I usually leave the bananas out.

1/2 (1 lb.) loaf French bread
4 tbsp. butter
4 c. water
8 oz. piloncillo or 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole cloves
1 tbsp. butter
8 oz. Longhorn or mild Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 c.)
1/2 c. roasted unsalted peanuts
1/4 c. slivered blanched almonds
1/2 c. raisins
1 lg. banana, thinly sliced
Ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a thin slice off heel of bread; reserve for another use. Cut remaining bread in 1/2 inch slices. Butter slices on 1 side with 4 tablespoons butter. Place buttered side up in a single layer on 1 or 2 baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, until lightly toasted and dry. Remove and cool. Combine water, piloncillo or brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer syrup uncovered 20 minutes. Strain out cinnamon sticks and cloves; set syrup aside. Capirotada may be prepared in advance to this point and the bread left out overnight to dry. Grease a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish with about 1/2 tablespoon butter. Reserve remaining 1/2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons peanuts for topping.

In prepared baking dish, layer ingredients in the following order: a third of the toasted bread slices, half of the remaining peanuts, half of the almonds, half of the raisins and half of the banana slices. Cover with half of the remaining cheese. Pour 1 cup syrup evenly over cheese. Layer another third of the bread, remaining peanuts, almonds, raisins and banana slices. Cover with remaining cheese. Again pour 1 cup syrup evenly over cheese. Top with remaining bread. Sprinkle with reserved cheese and peanuts. Pour remaining syrup evenly over pudding. Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Let stand covered 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Lynn_B #435624 07/15/08 01:16 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Muchas gracias por la receta! �Suena deliciosa!
(Thanks a lot for the recipe! Sounds delicious!)

About your Spanish, believe me, it sounds quite good! All the "problems" you mentioned are very normal among languages students. One thing, quite important from my point of view, is reaching that point where it doesn't become necessary to translate to English, and then find the answer in Spanish. But it takes a lot of work!

I always recommend the use of Spanish tv channels, or Spanish radio stations. You can even find Spanish recordings on line.

For example, this is a site with sound recordings, one per day, which could be quite interesting for this purpose:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.