Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#201017 08/26/05 11:12 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We were down low and it was SUPER stable. Everybody loved the gentle rocking motion, as if we were in a hammock. We saw others who had slept higher up who didn't enjoy it quite as much. I loved having the window, because you could look out and stabilize yourself.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#201018 06/13/06 10:17 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
The girl I recorded with in Nashville, Veda Radanovich, went on a Caribbean cruise and was seasick the whole time.

#201019 09/30/06 10:57 PM
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Well, I had only one problem ever until this cruise. The waters were really choppy but I was doing OK until dinner. The dining room was warm; we were being served too much food and the tomatoes and garlic put me over the top. When I returned to the cabin laying in the bed didn't help as I was rocking in the bed in the same direction as the ship was rocking. I got up and lay down perpendicular to the floor and then I went to sleep. I was fine the next day. The Baltic capitals were absolutely gorgeous.

Also, I am told that it is not wise to look at the horizon. And you're right, keep moving. If I hadn't gone to dinner and had I gone dancing, I would have been OK.

Angie #435217 07/13/08 08:24 PM
Shark
Shark
I'm going on my first cruise in December. It's an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I've been on large ferries before crossing the English Channel, from Italy to Greece, and Germany to Denmark. I was always sick because of the diesel fumes. Do you have the same problems on cruise ships?

N
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
N
I've never had a problem with seasickness on a cruise ship, but my mother has had problems in the past. She's tried a number of different remedies, but Bonine always works best for her. It doesn't make her sleepy, like Dramamine often does, and it is very effective. Bonine is available at most drugstores. Cruise ships are very different than large ferries, so I've never experienced any issues with fumes. The best bet for people who think they may get seasick is to book a cabin on one of the lower decks in the mid-ships center area of the ship - and to come prepared with something like Bonine just in case. You'll have a great time!

Nancy Schretter
Cruises Editor
Angie #612059 07/23/10 01:01 PM
T
T
Take ginger(in the form of a pill) at every meal. Start one day before your cruise. Also, the workers on the ships swear by eating green apples. Michele Harkins aka The Cruise Chic www.TheCruiseChic.com

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
My MIL's father was a merchant marine (early 1900). He told her to eat apples and crackers. She never gets sea sick. The ginger tea I brought along was very helpful.

N
N
Unless the seas are really rough, it is hard to tell you're moving on these big cruise ships. Some people can feel the slightest movement - I can barely tell we're moving. I rely on the scenery going by. <G> BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

N
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
N
Definitely book a stateroom in the middle of the ship. The lower decks are even more stable than upper decks. A window helps a lot as well. I've used Bonine before on very small ships and it works well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nancy - Cruises 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.