Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
A new DNA test has cleared the Ramsey family of JonBenet's death. It is a DNA test that tested skin cells on her underwear that points to an unknown third party.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
I am so glad that the news can through, you always hope and pray that it is not the parents. I sure hope eventually they do catch whomever did that.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I do too but after 12 years or so, it is unlikely they will but stranger things have happened.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
They have cold-case crime units all over the place now, maybe they have someone on itand they are not broadcasting it. It seemed that they may have goofed up the evidence in the original investigation, or missed obtaining some? Let's hope that they did not goof it up!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I agree - I wish they had done this before her mother passed away. I have to admit, I also had suspicion about the family.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V

Originally Posted By: mary-tea1
They have cold-case crime units all over the place now, maybe they have someone on itand they are not broadcasting it. It seemed that they may have goofed up the evidence in the original investigation, or missed obtaining some? Let's hope that they did not goof it up!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

The police did a poor job during the investigation. They did not search the house, they did not close it up as a crime scene and friends were allowed to come and go as they pleased. They also had John Ramsey go and search the house for anything that might be missing or out of place and that is when he found his daughter in the cellar. It was their first murder investigation that year and were not prepared well enough for the investigation.

I am working on an article about JonBenet's murder now.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This is also one of those cases where the parents were tried in the public eye via the media.

So many reports came through "unbiased", with just that little bit of editing or a reporter saying "we may never know" - and that was enough for Joe Q. Public to decide that the Ramseys were guilty.

There have been quite a few (mostly) men that have been released recently because the forenscis have finally caught up and found thast they were actually innocent - but the public was yelling so hard for a conviction (or a scapegoat) that DAs felt they had to go through with sketchy evidence at the time.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Zebra
Zebra
I saw a program years ago on this case, and the detective featured on the show pointed out all sorts of forensics & evidence issues that clearly pointed away from the family as suspects.

And, there was some rumor of the police force hushing up anything contradictory to their theory that the Ramseys' did it.

And, if I remember correctly, there was some thought that one of the prime suspects later committed suicide.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I cannot imagine the full extent of the pain and persecution the family have gone through. The brother has a whole life ahead of him with this shadow following him. I pray that shadow will lift so he can find peace in his life.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Here is a link to read very in depth coverage of the case.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.