Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Do you watch TV? What do you think about the programming on TV today, especially primetime? Is it creative? Give your opinion.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think one of the most creative shows to be on TV lately was "Moonlight," and they canceled it.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I don't know why that was canceled as most people are intrigued with a paranormal subject. What kills me, and I'm sure there are people out there that will disagree, is you have something with a plot every week, like "Moonlight" that gets canceled, but the networks seem to keep squeezing in more and more "Reality" TV shows that do nothing but take up air time and make me reach for the remote and turn the TV off or go to HGTV and watch home improvement shows. I mean if I'm going to watch reality TV it might as well be in areas to which I can educate myself on fixing up my home.

I can't stand these "Challenge" TV shows like the ones that bounce people all over the place and dump them into dirty water, etc. I guess I'm just not a kid anymore so I'm not entertained by them. And don't get me started on the game shows - too many of them.

No - I find very little on TV that is creative other than some on HGTV that gets into creative decorating. Before and after remodeling type shows.

I also like documentaries on just about anything, but especially paranormal and hauntings. I liked Ghost Whisperer for the first few seasons, but they are running out of material now.

I'm more inclined to watch sports on TV than anything else because I'm not entertained by sitcoms, except a few crime shows every once and a while.

We pay way too much for cable with close to 100 channels and we only watch about 3 of those channels. We often talk about doing away with our cable all together because of cost and rotten programming. Books are always a safe alternative!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
We dropped our cable. Since Moonlight is off, about the only program I watch is Criminal Minds on Wednesday nights, and they're into re-runs now. I did also watch Ghost Whisperer and agree, it's not as good as it used to be.

I too hate reality TV and game shoes. If someone wants to see reality, they can come to my house and see it lived out everyday. I think our lives are a lot more entertaining that those [censored] want-to-be reality things. I like HGTV too, or did before we gave up our cable. We watch PBS a lot. They have good music specials. A few weeks ago they had the "British Invasion," and most of our '60s groups were on. It's fun to see what they look like now. Brought back some good memories. I also watch Volunteer Gardner on PBS.

Unless one has movie DVDs, in my opinion, TV just doesn't cut it anymore.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Not much. It is basically the same ideas done by different people. I haven't watched any new shows (im not talking about reality and others like that im talking about fiction) since the end of the second season of Fringe, I hated that scene so much that I decided to watch until the end and never try any other new show. I did watch three miniseries (Penny Dreadful + The Leftovers + The Knick) but miniseries are basically a movie in several parts so technically I have not broken my promise to not watch any new show. I had decided to break it with Wayward Pines but when I was watching the trailer for a second time a voice told me to not do it so I changed my mind then. I'm just so fed up of my favorite shows either being canceled or ruined!

And I have almost all the channels from Bell and sometimes I look on every channels and I cannot find anything; not even a movie or show I dislike!

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.