Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Michelle,

Are there any microbreweries near you? I went to one in New York when it first opened in the mall I worked at and they had a sampler platter. It was a bunch of beers of different flavors in small glasses and you could drink them and see if there are any you like that way.

The only other suggestion I have is just keep sampling different ones when you are out for dinner or something and see if there are any you like that way also. However, tatses can vary. You can have a Budweiser one day and it will taste really good and then another day it may not taste all that good.

Different things can affect the taste of beer. Bottled beer can get "skunky" if it is cold, then warm and cold again or if you are at a bar and the tap lines are not very clean, that can also affect the taste of a beer as well.

When I used to buy beer, Molson Golden was my favorite and I used to go to wholesale drink distributors, buy some beer that is not in their cooler, take it home and dump it in a cooler and fill it with ice and let it sit in there for awhile until it was very chilled.

Store coolers are not very cold and by the time you get it home, it is warming up and you have to chill it more and that is one way that beer can get skunky. Can beer is not much better because sometimes you can get the aluminum taste of the can. Not too often though and light doesn't get into the can which is another factor for skunky tasting beer.

It really comes down to your taste preferences though. Buy different ones and try them.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
I agree with Vance about the Microbreweries. Once you've had a good quality beer you'll never drink the mass produced swill again.
Sierra Nevada in Chico Calif. is another good one.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have some of the same obstacles Jase does when it comes to beer. The alcoholics in my family always drank the American swill you guys have mentioned. But I do like liquors, sweeter wines and drinks. I've also had homemade cordials and mead which were all wonderful. You all are making me curious about "good" beers now.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I like the taste of beer but I find it to be very bloating and I don't like that feeling. I prefer to sip wine.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
M
M
I love beer, but sometimes feel like something lighter, or sweeter, maybe. On these occasions, I have a dash of lemonade in my beer. Not like a shandy, just a touch. They call it a "top" in the UK.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Having a hubby who loves pubs, I'm acquiring my tastes by trial and error. I tend to like dark beers and also ones that are not too bitter. Not too crazy about fruit beers. Although when we went to the Guinness brewery in Ireland, I was introduced to the Guiness and black currant mixture (the tour guide said a lot of women like that combo). It is not too bad, and I often order it now. smile

Tend to drink different ones in summer and winter. Heavier ones in winter.

Nowadays when we go on holidays, I write in my little travel journal what pub we went to, what we drank and how I liked it. Had I started doing this when we married almost 12 years ago, I could have written a book by now! ha, ha!

Affirmation CDs & Spiritual Gifts
http://www.positiveaffirmationsandaudiostories.co.uk

S
S
Once I discovered micro-brews, I never went back to bland, un-hoppy beers. I started home-brewing about a year and a half ago, and it's amazing to me how much my tastes have changed. I'm much more into ales than lagers now, and I love IPAs. The hoppier, the better! So, if you like beer at all, I'd say ditch the usual "Bud, Miller, Coors" stuff and try a micro-brew.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Maybe I have never tried the right beer - I just LOVE the smell, though.

Perhaps I should try it again and see if my tastes have changed. From the posts - maybe I will try a microbrewed one.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

It depends on your taste of course but try a fairly easy tasting beer like Pabst Blue Ribbon or Schlitz. Belgium beer like Duval or Leffe. You could also try one of the Belgium fruit beers, although personally I don't like those.

When you have a real taste for beer then go for the big one, Guinness although that should be tasted in Dublin.

Down the hatch.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
M
M
[quote=Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd] And my husband asked me what types of beers I had ever tried. Really it's only ever been the "typical" American beers - Bud, Coors, etc and then I've tasted Guiness both bottled and on tap because that's hubby's favorite, so I've tasted his. His reply was that Guiness is basically unlike any other beer out there, and the others I was talking about were conisdered "horse [censored]" by most beer lovers (his words not mine!) So I guess my questions would be - where do I start to find a beer that I like? I tend to like sweeter drinks, like Reisling and white wines as opposed to reds (other than for cooking), and my cocktails always tend to the sweet side as well - usually chocolate or fruit based. Any ideas? [/quote] What your husband says is basically true, but not always. Try a Blue Moon from the keg. My guess is you will like it based on the wines you like.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.