logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Things for the last 2 years have been going from bad to worse and now it seems like everyday I'm getting kicked down and I'll never get anywhere.....

How do you stay positive? How do you stay motivated to keep going?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I really started studying the law of attraction about 18 months ago, altho I always believed that our thoughts influenced our lives. Even after all the reading and studying and visualizing, I still have times when life gets busy or frustrating and I get away from doing my conscious creation things like meditating, reading, etc.

Recently I had one of those times when I realized that things weren't going like I wanted them to. I decided to go back to the beginning and re-read my books, set up my vision board again, start meditating and focusing on my goals once more. About a year ago, I joined Bob Doyle's Wealth Beyond Reason course and decided to go back through all the materials again from the beginning too. He has a meditation program, ebooks, interviews to listen to, etc. One of the ebooks I'm re-reading is Joe Vitale's Spiritual Marketing, which is great and very helpful for business.

Another book I recently got on audio is John Assaraf's The Answer. It's aimed at buiding a business with LOA principles and has gotten great reviews. I really like the tools he gives in there and it's helping me.

When times get hard, it's hard to direct your attention away from "what is" to what you want it to be. I would suggest reading the Abraham books by Ester and Jerry Hicks if you haven't done that yet.

It was very "coincidental" since I was just getting back into the Wealth Beyond Reason program, but Bob Doyle is building a social network around his Boundless Living 45 Day Challenge to help participants accomplish a goal or dream in 45 days using the Law of Attraction. It's all totally free and there's nearly 600 people signed up already. One thing I thought was that if my challenge is to build up one of my businesses, then all the members of that social network will learn more about my biz!

Everybody there is very nice and very much into LOA and the challenge so I'd highly recommend it to you. Esp if you're struggling right now. It starts July 20 but you can already go in and set up your page and blog, meet people and find friends.

The link is in my sig. If you join, let me know and I'll add you to my friends list.

Joan

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I've done the law of attraction (the secret) and the whole goal setting and planning thing. I've visualized, planned and more and nothing is going right, everything is going down the tubes. Everytime I think I've hit rock bottom and things are going to get better I find a new low.

Yet I keep going, what else can I do? I keep believing that something will work out and I'll be working again soon, but I keep getting rejection.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm so sorry you've having a bad time. I have a friend who has had many ups and downs in her life. she's a single mother of an autistic son and is self-supporting with her writing so she can stay at home with him.

She and I are really in to LOA and we cheer each other on and offer tips, esp when we're down. I know she worked hard this past year on manifesting better paying jobs. She started out making $10/hr and is now into copywriting jobs making several hundred dollars each for sales letters.

It can be done but you really have to know what your goal is and work toward it. Perhaps you need a change of direction? Sometimes when we get down, if we open our minds to other ways, a new idea will pop into our minds, something we haven't tried before.

Is it mostly your website that is giving your trouble or do you have other business options? Are you looking for work currently or trying to keep your work at home going to make money?

Sometimes life sucks-no getting around that but really the only option is to try to be grateful for what we DO have and try to stay calm and focused so the better ideas will come.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Hi Thanks for posting this question. It seems that we all get to this point at some time in life. I guess the main thing I want you to know is that you are not alone. If you can find a good support system that will make all the difference. By support, I mean those who are positive and believe in you and a your dreams. They will help you look up when all you can see is down. Try to guard against negative people their energy can be too draining. And lasting it helps me to get quiet, to meditate and look for what may seem like a little option that can change into an opportunity. Sending warm thoughts your way.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
J
Koala
Koala
J
I was reading Joe Vitale's ebook, Spiritual Marketing and there was a passage that I thought you might have interest in.

"Everything that happens in your life is moving you in the direction of your goals." Bob Proctor.

"So if something happens that you feel is bad, remember that it happened to move you forward. Your job is to find the positive in the negative, or at least to trust that there is a positive there, even if you don't see it at the moment." Joe Vitale

B
B
The fact that you are here posting shows that you are not out of the game yet!

Jack Canfield has a great book, the Success Principles. One thing he teaches in this book is that you are 100% responsible for your own actions. This was tough for me to swallow at first but it made sense when he followed it up with E+R=O

That is Event+Response-Outcome. I teach this to my daughters (I have four!) and I use it in my life and my business. I work with frustrated Network Marketers and Homebased Business owners so I see a lot of struggling people.

This is a fancy way of saying...take your lemons and make lemonade. Think of the things that have gone wrong in your life and how you responded to them...could you have responded differently? How you respond determines the Outcome, even for the "bad" stuff!

Take a look in the mirror daily. A real hard look and think of one thing you can do each day to create your best reflection and do it!

Stay in action and the good stuff will find you!

J
Koala
Koala
J
I agree! You really have to keep trying different things to see what will work.

Meditation is a great way to get in touch with new ideas and learn to focus. I used to think meditation was mostly for relaxation but it's really about learning to focus-which helps you achieve your goals more easily.

A
A
Just my 2cent worth ...

Whenever I feel down, I say 'thank you' quietly to myself.

I start off with a 'thank you' for my clothes, my food, my cup, my front door key, my table, my roof, my children, my computer, my pen, and the list goes on, as I walk around the house ... until I no longer feel down and am so grateful for all the good things and wonderful people in my life.

It only takes a few seconds to use this little technique and it truly works for me. I am never down for long. Try it ... and see if it helps in any way.

To your future success and happiness.

AnneMarie
Debts-Challenge

A
A
Another thing that works is avoid negative news and anything negative as much as possible. You also might need to reconsider the kind of business you are in. Is it really the right fit for you?

Who do you know who burns scented candles?
Enter my free candle drawing at
http://www.scentedcandlesclub.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.