Next Thread
Print Thread
#433251 07/06/08 11:41 AM
T
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
T
My Dad has a four year old cat who was recently "fixed". She had started peeing around the house before the operation. Now she is doing it again. She has become a part "outdoor" cat - my Dad let's her out to play in the yard when he is around but she used to be just a house cat. My Dad travels for a few days at a time and this sometimes pisses the cat off... but this last time she peed on the sofa cushion while he was in the next room sleeping.

Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Sometimes if there is an underlying health issue, cats will go outside of their litter boxes. Has she been checked out thoroughly by a vet?

If health issues have been ruled out, has her brand of litter changed? Sometimes that will cause cats to not use their litter boxes - if they don't like the new litter. Also, if the box isn't kept clean enough (to the standard of the cat!) - that could cause her to go elsewhere.

Before she became part "outdoor" cat did she pee around the house, or did this start around the time she started going outside to play?

Does your dad have any other cats/pets? Any new additions recently?

When she does pee around the house, is there a specific area she goes to most often? If she only has one litter box, perhaps try adding another one - and if there is a specific area she favors, place the new litter box in that area. Or move an existing litter box to that area.

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
T
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
T
My Dad has always had outdoor cats as he lives in the country. But this one was always an indoor cat, until recently (this spring). She started peeing around the house at least six months ago. Then he got her spayed. The peeing stopped for a while (he thinks), then she started again. She has peed on a bed and on a sofa cushion, amongst other areas.
I don't think he has changed the brand of litter but I will doublecheck. I like the idea of either moving the litter box or having a second one. And I have suggested that he get her checked out at the vet as well.
Thanks for the advice!

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.