Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
Hi Scrapbookers!
My name is Mriya.
I currently live in Oregon, but will be relocating to Kentucky soon. I am in my 50's, and am a scrapbook paper designer. I have been married for 9 years (second marraige) to my husband Dale, who is a chemist. I have two sons. The older is 21 years old an a junior in collage, the younger one is 19, taking a year off and working at NetFlix. My degree is in communication, I have owned a video production/photography company, been a cross cultural liason between Hanford and Chornobyl, worked as a translator and have done fund raising and event planning. I am a first generation American. My parents were WW2 refuges from Ukraine. I love paper and all paper crafts, scrapbooking, stamping, and am a silver clay instructor. My website is a Ukrainian e-card site, www.ukiecards.com and www.folkimpressions.com which will soon have a gallery. I have been published on the Art Impressions website, but have only recently started to submit work to publications. I don't hide my scrapbook budget from my husband but there are times I make mac and cheese more often to subsidize my scrap booking budget. I don't remember a time when I didn't do one kind of a paper craft or another. I started stamping about 20 years ago and was dragged into scrap booking by my sister, who was frustrated that she couldn't find the scrapbook paper she wanted a few years ago... so we started designing our own.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Mriya #325624 06/29/07 08:59 AM
Shark
Shark
Welcome Mriya! It is wonderful to see some activity on this forum again. It has been horribly quiet here for soooooo long. I hope we can get this forum up and running again now that summer is here. There is a ton of knowledge on this forum, and I think you have brought a ton more with you. Welcome again, and good luck with your move.

Kathi
K
K
Hello My name is Deborah, I am 40 years old at the moment. I am from; Kansas. I have been a professional photographer for 22 years. I am married to the most wonderful man. I have 3 children 17, 13, & 6. I have always loved scrapbooking, photography, stained glass, woodworking, sewing, sculpting.
I just started a new scrapbooking business! We have this neat little program that you can download for free. It cames with 500+ pages already done just waiting on your photos. Drag and drop your pictures into ready-made beautiful pages. The pages are designed by world class designers, you have to see to beleive. The program is so easy to work, yet has fun options. Anyone can do this! BellaScrapbook.com simply beautiful!

Last edited by Keepsa; 09/02/07 11:30 PM.
Hi everyone!

Name: Amelia Johnson

Marital Status/length: I'm not married but I've been dating my bf for 3 years. It's love!

Education/skills: I'm on hiatus from school right now, but I go to Marshall University in Huntington, WV. Eventually I plan on being a teacher.

Background: I'm originally from Eastern Kentucky and I just moved back a month ago after living in Huntington for the past 6 years. Home is definitely where the heart is

Hobbies: I love throwing parties, reading, writing,and having friends over to try new recipes out on

Your website:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Amelia Johnson
Party Planning Editor
M
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
M
Welcome Amelisa! You live oh so close to me! Have you heard of Scrap Camp in WV? There is a Scrap Camp coming up Oct 12-14, 2007! Check out the website for more infoBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Michelle McVaney
Scrapbooking
Keepsa #340151 09/10/07 10:02 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
M
Welcome Debra! I will have to check out your site. Sounds interesting!

Michelle McVaney
Scrapbooking
Name Angel Smith
Location Prattville, Alabama
Age (under 20, 21-30, 31-40, etc) and you can lie! 34
Occupation Health Care ProviderMarital Status/length Married for going on 8 LONG years!
Spouse's occupation VA supply technician
Children/grandchildren/ages Zach (16), Kaitlyn (13), and Andrew (11 1/2)
Education/skills Experience I have worked in the medical field most of my life Also waited on tables off and on for 5 years when I first started working
Background I was born and raised in Parkersburg WV and continued to live there until Jan 1st 2001
Hobbies I love to scrapbook, read, chat online, play games, cross stitch and my new hobby is knitting
Talents singing
Other websites where we can see your layouts www.scrapshare.com
Do you hide your scrapbook budget from your hubby? nope
When did you start scrapping? in 2002
What got you started? a friend

Last edited by ByronsAngel; 04/30/08 02:45 PM.

Angel
God is bigger than the boogie man!
M
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
M
Welcome Angel! So glad you have joined us!

Michelle McVaney
Scrapbooking
D
D
Name: Gwendolyn Williams
Age (under 20, 21-30, 31-40, etc) and you can lie! Just turned 35, 6/15 cool
Marital Status/length : Single
Spouse's occupation :Not Married
Children/grandchildren/ages : 2 children, ages 5 and 1
Education/skills : I am currently an online art student. Graphic Design Major
Experience (types of jobs/work you've done/volunteer work): I've done the register jobs at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Family Dollar and worked for a childcare center for a year and a half.
Background (where you grew up/where you've lived) I grew up in the city of Gary.
Hobbies (crafts/gardening/what you love to do) Oh how I love Photography and Scrapbooking. I also love to alter wooden boxes and design my own jewelry sets. I recently vowed to live a healthier life by starting an exercise routine of bellydancing. It is so fun learning your body! cool
Talents (sports/music/etc.)
Your website I'm currently developing mypage on Windows Spaces. When I am done I will definitely add a link.
Other websites where we can see your layouts
Magazines you've been published in/dates : I've had one of my layouts published in a newsletter by Kits and pieces in the month of April.
Contests you've won : None to date
Do you hide your scrapbook budget from your hubby? Sometimes Myself...Must Practice Restraint from Hobby Lobby. LOL
Do you "borrow" grocery money for scrapbook supplies? No
Do your kids go without cookies because you scrapbook? Never
When did you start scrapping? I started scrapping in February of this year.
What got you started? I personally had a black out moment from doing all these crafts. So I put away everything and ask myself
Quote:
out of all of this what would I like to do for life?
I noticed I loved taking portraits and then I found a way of how to preserve and present your pictures ... called scrapbooking. I've been learning new techniques since then.
And all the other stuff.....I'm currently developing a network on www.ning.com a place to share my creations with like minded individuals. I'm also forming groups for those that are familiar to what I have presented such as a quilt block of the month, iris folding techniques, scrapbooking, etc.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Name Wendy
Location Charleston, SC
Age (under 20, 21-30, 31-40, etc) and you can lie! 29
Occupation Banker & Navy Wife
Marital Status/length 2 months and 4 days (yes we are dorks)
Spouse's occupation Eletrical Technicians Mate aka Nuke
Children/grandchildren/ages how about our 4 dogs? Max 4, Corona 3, Buela 2, Colbert 2.
Education/skills AAS Business Mngt and half a forestry degree.
Experience (types of jobs/work you've done/volunteer work)Florist around 15 years, Landscaping, Retail Management,
Background (where you grew up/where you've lived) Good Old NH, where they definitely don't speak like Bostonians.
Hobbies (crafts/gardening/what you love to do)Scrapping (duh), digital art, photography, gardening, painting, singing, writing, reading, playing my radio obnoxiously loud while driving too fast, Pow Wow dancer. I also love to cuddle with my DH and our pups.
Talents (sports/music/etc.)used to play goalie for floor and field hockey, was on the Lumber Jack team in college. Otherwise I have an superbly excellent memory for names and faces which helps me alot working at the bank.
Your website is defunct
Other websites where we can see your layouts scrapbook.com I am Wendylicious
Magazines you've been published in/dates Seacoast Bridal Magazine (NH) January 04...It was also featured on a dateline special entitled "Vows" I did all of the brides flowers including an 8' boa of hydrangea, roses and orchids...took 8 hours with two assistants.
Contests you've won Too many to list in the horticulture/floriculture and digital art worlds
Do you hide your scrapbook budget from your hubby? nope but he doesn't ask either.
Do you "borrow" grocery money for scrapbook supplies? you deal with a hungry 6'3 sailor and tell me which comes first.
Do your kids go without cookies because you scrapbook? my kids prefer rawhides to cookies
When did you start scrapping?a couple years ago I was a closet scrapper, I really got into it when we moved to SC because I knew that I would have to keep a journal of our lives here for our family as well as family to come.
What got you started?My girl Kristi, she always scrap booked, and I usually helped her with layouts telling her to try this embellishment or that paper.
And all the other stuff.....My husband and I are involved as much as possible in helping rescue and rehab abused dogs. We are currently on our 3rd foster which was picked up as a stray. Remember, adopt don't shop!

Last edited by Wendy Tall One; 07/05/08 09:05 PM.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.