logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430772 06/27/08 01:06 PM
Anda Offline OP
OP Offline
This situation came to my attention recently, and I wanted to put it out here for others to comment on. It's potentially a great starter for an ethics conversation...

A young woman found herself in a situation where she felt a strong need to do something, but can't affect the situation in a mundane way, and would like to use spellwork. Here is her circumstance: Her sister (we'll call her X), whom she loves dearly, is married to a pedophile. The couple are not actively trying to breed, but are open to a family. X knows that her husband is a pedophile, and admits to having seen his behaviors and heard his comments, but is in denial and believes that he will change. This young Wiccan would like to do a threefold ritual: binding the husband from doing harm, protecting her sister and giving her clarity of thought to better deal with her situation, and binding any potential children between the worlds until a safe home exists to receive them.

The intentions of this young woman are pure; she wants only to remove any harmful force from her sister's life and to protect any potential children. Socially, however, one might say that the whole situation is none of her business, as her sister is an adult and capable of making her own decisions. The proposed ritual is dangerously close to a sterility curse, but framed carefully so as to affect the situation only as long as it remains negative.

What are your thoughts on the ethics of this situation? Does this young woman have a responsibility, or even a right, to meddle in her sister's family? Is such a spell too dangerous to be attempted? I look forward to reading your thoughts. smile

Anda

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Anda #430777 06/27/08 01:35 PM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I am a very old order witch man. Casting is as common for me as breathing. Why are so many witches afraid to be who they are? We are gifted and yet cower to so many because of their fear. If we think that the day will ever come that we are going to be accepted by the general public or the traditional churches of today we need to wake up! My family has known better for at least 500 years. Would any one of us cast beyond our real intent? We do not look for reasons to hurt people but we have every right to protect ourselves and those around us. We have got to remember when we cast that we are not alone. The Cosmos, ancestors, spirit guides, and the Mother Goddess will guide our intent. If we do overdo something it is carefully worked out so that our real intent is honored and nothing else is enacted. BE WHO YOU ARE

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 06/27/08 01:44 PM.
Anda #433005 07/05/08 02:34 PM
S
S
First go back to the basics
1. You can not change the will of the Goddess or nature,
2. Do no harm .
3. Do not mistake your own wants for that of the Goddess
4. You can not help someone that does not wish to be helped
This sounds more like a need for a family intervention,
Then need for magic, still always ask the Goddess for
guidance.

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
If that works for you I wish you well!!!!!

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.