Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Actually, I don't usually feel that way. It's only a word. And it's better than the alternative. But making the transition from cancer patient to cancer survivor isn't always easy. For me, the biggest challenge so far has been trying to take care of myself on a physical level. I burn the candle at both ends and I take on too much. It's really hard to put the brakes on, slow down, and take care of ME first.

How has being a survivor affected your life? Is it better? Worse? What's been the hardest challenge to overcome? How did you do it? Are any of your friends or loved ones facing this challenge? How are they doing?

Gail Armanini, Editor
Breast Cancer Site *** Breast Cancer Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
My mother is a "survivor" and she hates the word!!! Her friends who disappeared when she was diagnosed are still gone. The hugs and pat-pat-pats that disappeared are not back. When people ask how she is doing they get that sad, sick look on their faces that says "poor pity you". Mother says she's not surviving - she's dying just in a different way.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Carleen,

I bet that might put a lot of pressure on you too. What kind of BC did your mom have and when was she treated?

Gail Armanini, Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I feel ya, Gail! Trying to get back into good physical condition following chemo has been my greatest challenge.
Taxotere has given my the much discussed joint pain and even though my last chemo was almost 6 months ago, I'm still stiff as a board.
I'm working on it -- walking, aerobics, yoga, glucosomine and chondroitin, whatever it takes!

My only complaint is that some are still treating me like I'm so fragile.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Sorry I missed your note here, Gorgeousred. From the sound of things you're not fragile at all! Keep up the good work!

Gail Armanini, Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I will, darlin. Thanks! How are you doing?

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Doing good here. Weird, though -- it's been a year since everything hit. Last 4th of July I was in that horrible waiting between the biopsy and dx -- extra delay cause of the holiday and such. This year there's a sense of apprehension, anxiousness, edgy... so weird. I guess it takes a while before you just sail through the anniversary dates of the big stuff.

Gail Armanini, Editor

Moderated by  Gail A - AW&BC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.