logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Hi all! I am a newbie sewer since I haven't sewn since Home Ec class some 15yrs ago.I was wondering if you all could help me.I have always had trouble with trying to raise the bobbin thread.I hope I asked that right.I can thread the top but after I have thread the bobbin and put the bobbin into the shuttle I think it is called.But after that I hit a brick wall.Please anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?I have a Singer Simple Model no. 3116.Please help?!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
On the right side of the machine there is a "wheel" Turn that wheel towards you and it will make the Needle go down, which will grab your bobbin thread.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Mom welcome to the forum, I can't sew to save myself, but i did want to welcome you

Rosie L
In addition to the post above by Sept62...
Hang on to the top thread that is already threaded through the eye of your machine with one hand. Now turn the wheel (called the Balance Wheel) once around completely while still holding on to the top thread. Then turn it a second time and stop.

While still holding on to that top thread, take a pair of scissors and pass the pointed ends underneath the foot on the machine towards you. The bobbin thread should be there and you should be able to "catch" it with the scissors (or any long thin object). You should now see two ends of thread, one belonging to the top thread and the other is the bobbin thread.

If you're ready to jump-start your sewing projects, learn helpful hints and tips, and have more fun in your historical sewing, then get your FREE sewing tips now at www.CloakAndCorset.com!
R
R
Hi there I'm a newbie too, and in fact I joined this forum to ask this very question, so thanks homeschoolmom23! I have a baby lock design pro and am having the same trouble raising the bobbin thread. Sometimes I get it because I use the scissor trick. However, after I pull the tread through and am sewing it gets bunched up in the bobbin area and totally messes up my stitching. Does this have something to do with the way I am treading the bobbin? I am really frustrated, but don't want to give up, as I have great aspirations to craft lots of fun things. Any help or friendly suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

H
H
Yes, it sounds like your bobbin is not threaded correctly. The thread should be unwinding out of the bobbin in the clockwise direction when you put it in the bobbin case. Check your owners manual to be sure you are putting the bobbin in the bobbin case correctly and threading it through the case correctly.

This can also be a timing problem which requires a repair shop's services.

Good luck and happy sewing!
Nancy, Your Devoted Sewist

Moderated by  Cheryl - Sewing Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.