Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#358231 12/06/07 04:33 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi all,

As I said, I'm a brand new tatter. I came upon it by way of a friend who said her mother had tried to teach her and she found it to be a bit difficult for her. No, I'm not trying to show up my friend, I just like a challenge!

To explain a little more about me. I chose "Rain Bird" because I - come from Vancouver, love the rain and my mom always called me Chickadee. Anyhow to my Question:

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some online video clips for beginners? I have the basic doublestitch down pretty well (thanks to the tutorials here) but I'm having troubles doing much beyond chaining (and even those are pretty pathetic).

I'm sure a quick visual cue would be perfect.

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
there are some tatting videos on you- tube that helped me

B
B
Like you,visual is always better. I went to the library and checked out a video. I learned it really quick because I was able to replay certain parts of the video over and over. What a lifesaver that was!

T
T
Try georgiaseitz.com and try searching tatting online. You can find a lot of good information and videos there. I did. Peace and good tatting. Tatting Lady

Everyone talks about a better tomorrow but wouldn't it be nice if we started buy making today just a little bit more pleasant?
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
[b][color:#993399][font:Comic Sans MS][size:11pt]You didn't mention whether you do needle or shuttle tatting. Here are my two favorite sites for passing on to beginners.

Needle tatting:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Tatting_Editor_Beverly; 02/15/08 01:39 PM.

Beverly Elrod
Tatting
I am not a brand new tatter but have been trying to teach myself some needle tatting and really want to learn to use the shuttle. Can anyone suggest a good book that I can purchase (that also has pictures), that will help me to learn. Any videos or dvd's would be nice also. Thanx Cyndi Day

Moderated by  Georgia, AK Tatter 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.