logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
My son just turned 1 y/o and I need to take him off the pacifier. I'm 3 months pregnant and I don't want the new baby and him to both be on the pacifier b/c I think I'll have a harder time taking him off. Or worse if I do try he'll just take the baby's. I thought about doing it cold turkey, he is just so dependent on it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
With our first child, he brought them to school (he was older than 1) and gave them to the babies. We had arranged it with the school ahead of time and there was a present in exchange for the pacifiers from the babies.

Our second child, the exchange did not work as well. So, we cut off the tips of the pacifiers and he did not enjoy them as much anymore (though a lot more than I thought he would).

Our third child, they just disappeared one by one and we kept saying when they're gone, they're gone. He actually did really well with that.

Our fourth child never had a pacifier except to steal her brothers and chew on it. I find the faster you do it, the easier. I think the younger, the better. And, I think if you prepare yourself for a few nights/days to a week of 'difficulty' but ride it out, you'll be happy you did.

With our last child, I do things (take away bottle, stop night feeding, etc) 'abruptly' and she has accepted all of the transitions with ease.

Good Luck - it's not fun.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
Why do you feel the need to have him off the pacifier? I'm just curious because I am one who let mine use them until they basically got rid of them on their own.

If you feel you must get him off it, at his age, cold turkey probably would work, but I really liked the way The Nanny did it on TV with a Two year old. She told him that other babies needed some passys and they mailed them away, and he got a return gift in the mail for doing it. It was really neat.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.