Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#431932 07/01/08 05:08 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
If your man barbecues, what is his favorite grillin' specialty? Recipes are welcome!

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
My hubby does almost all of the cooking, including bbq. He tends to do a weekend session barbecuing all the meat at one go, then he splits it up and freezes it and it becomes an easy to reheat base for weekday meals.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Koala
Koala
Nope. But he's very good at sitting back with a cold beer and giving instructions while someone else bellies up to the BBQ.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
He's doing a pork tenderloin rotissere tomorrow. (I blame this thread) I grabbed a (frozen) tenderloin and put it in a Ziploc with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried rosemary, and a head of garlic, peeled and crushed. It's currently thawing in the fridge, and will marinate all day tomorrow. I used a recipe for ingredients, but I just threw in what looked good.

He used to grill much more, but since grilling generally involved large quantities of beer and we don't do that anymore, we've been easing our way back into it. Favorites include steaks, pork, and grilled vegetable kabobs.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I like the olive oil and garlic idea; haven't tried rosemary yet but it sounds good!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
G
Shark
Shark
G
Great idea Elle! Very funny Lynn!

My Darlin' has done a buttery garlic shrimp in one of those handled holders made for the grill (so the shrimp won't fall into the bottom of the grill--I personally would have to get those suckers!) and it makes it easy to flip.

He also recently did lamb chops which were devine-tender and finished with a duck sauce.

He is great at cooking meat period.

Gayle Santana
Coffee Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
My husband does a shrimp saut� with olive oil,finely sliced garlic, and capers. It is delicious! As far as meat goes, he'll do a steak with barbecue sauce and olive oil which is pretty good too!

Lynn, I love the humour in your post!

Last edited by kristen houghton; 07/03/08 05:50 PM.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
J
Koala
Koala
J
I had to take over cuz my husband burned everything! I guess I have a little more patience with it.

I marinade everything in orange or lemon juice to tenderize the meat, put herbs and spices on it and BBQ. It takes great.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Now that I like-orange or lemon for marinade!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
I used to grill alot. Then when I was ill my husband took over. He does not grill anything real fancy. Just the basic foods, chicken, seafood, burgers, corn, potatos & other things. He did grill a whole turkey once but we did not care for it too much. It was ok but not as good as the baked way.

He used to eat alot of meat & sausages. but due to both of our heatlh issues, we try to stay away from that. We do eat meat once in awhile. He eats it more than I do. He does a good job. He also will cook alot as someone else metioned & that way we have food for a few days or for the week. My favorite grill meal is BBQ thin sliced chicken to put on a mini tortilla with a little cheese on it. A bit of salsa too. I also like corn & potatos. I can't eat alot of veggies or fruit at once because of a surgery I had. I"m getting hungry reading all of these grill posts!! Judy K. Chicago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.