Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Jilly #423323 06/03/08 04:12 PM
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
This is off post and I apologize but couldn't resist...Jill, you have trouble telling your right hand from your left? Join the club! I have never been able to figure out which hand is which, so that all of my friends know that if I am giving directions they have to watch which hand I wave, not listen to my words!

I found out that it is all my Mother's fault! (Don't you love it when you can blame your mother?) Children learn right from left during a narrow window of opportunity when they are around 4, and if they don't learn it then, they never will! I am living proof of that.

Sorry...back to Tai Chi!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Claybird #423568 06/04/08 03:41 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
OMG. YES! Left and right may as well not exist in my mind. Yet I have a good sense of Port and Starboard.

I think being slightly dyslexic does not help. Also I am left handed, but not for everything. arg. smile

Jilly #430449 06/26/08 01:22 PM
C
Shark
Shark
C
Jilly, I feel for you. I have the same issue with my left and right. Someone told me the whole "make an L" with your hand trick and I went and flipped my hand over and said, "Okay, now the other one is an L. I'm confused."

It's even harder when you're doing it to a DVD and trying to follow along. I think for me the key in Tai Chi is just make sure whatever you do on one side, you balance it out somewhere along the line and do it with the other side (regardless of if it's right or left or front or back).

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good news - I found a local tai chi class. Dh and I are planning to take it next monday (unless my parents come to town for a visit). Looking forward to it!

Jilly #432280 07/02/08 04:34 PM
C
Shark
Shark
C
Great news! If your parents come to town you should take them with you =). Tai Chi is great for people of all ages. Let us know what you think of your class after Monday =).

It's summer time here and almost time for my style's International Conference and getting excited again as I think this year I might actually be able to go! Woot.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts
A
A
Keep practicing the routine a little bit at a time. As you practice, the moves eventually become habitual. It takes a little time for new neural pathways to form. Practice every day at least five to ten minutes. Do what you can remember and keep practicing. Just like dance moves; the Tai Chi moves become part of you. We all hope that you are doing well.

A. Lorenzo #535585 07/10/09 12:25 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Michelle keep at it, all the moves will come, I have taken Tai Chi and I loved it, it was easier to follow woth a teacher rather than a DVD, I did that too.

I have arthritis and am very stiff all the time, I feel very "fluid" when I am done and I sleep like a baby. It is very slow and my instructor has me addicted to Japanese music. Closing eyes and relaxing.

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #631613 09/23/10 02:06 AM
I want to get back into Tai Chi. It has been at least 20 years since I took classes. I once had a diagram of each of the steps. It was very well illustrated with descriptions and I cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can get another?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You might be thinking of "Tai Chi:The Supreme Ultimate" by T T Liang and Lawrence Galante. There is another one I have but it's in the loft, at the back, under about 200 other books........

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Ninjahedgewych #631617 09/23/10 02:49 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
"We just had our first class tonight. ow ow ow ow ow"

Don't want to worry you but I still hurt from Tuesday Ninja training - mind you I've only been doing it 15 years or so. We also train on a wooden floor with no mats and there were a few very enthusiastic beginners too which may have something to do with it.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.