Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I would say 1 or less hours a day. We watched "In Plain Sight" tonight, so that's an hour. I suppose I don't count that I did a half hour of Qi Gong which technically was running on the TV smile

I don't think there are any other shows on right now that we're watching. We Netflixed the Battlestar Galactica series now that it's almost over, so we can watch it straight through. So we randomly watch a few episodes of those every few days.

My boyfriend often has the TV on (sports center or such) while he works on his laptop so I'll come sit next to him to be with him - but I'm on my laptop working smile I suppose I do look up for the "top plays".

Low Carb Forum
Seeing TV is my only source of entertainment I watch well over 5 hours of TV every day. MY TV goes on at about 5am and i don't shut it off till about 10pm

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I'm addicted to NCIS and the various CSI series. I get a nice hot cup of coffee ready and have my one plain cookie of the day, which I eat in tiny bites, ha, ha.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Rosie - how about listening to audiobooks.

I find after awhile the TV just becomes noise and I don't really pay much attention to it anymore.

I get audiobooks from the library and listen to them. I'm becoming very "well read!"

We can't get regular TV where we are (a mountain cove) and we don't have cable or satelite TV and wouldn't want it. If we had it we would spend too much time in front of it. Now, that being said, we do watch lots of DVDs. Actually it is mostly the kids and I am on the computer in the vicinity. So - reg. TV - 0 hours. Movies/DVDs 4-5 hours a day, but not usually watching. There is not much on regular TV that I would care to see anymore. I feel much better not being influenced by it.

P.S. I get cash back on all my eBay purchases. Do you? I also get cash back from 100s of online retailers. Free to join. Learn About BigCrumbs .
Zebra
Zebra
I don't turn my TV on until I quit "working" for the day, which is about 5 or 6. Then, I'll sometimes have it on as noise while I make dinner.

I'll let Food Network or Style or A&E or HGTV play while I'm doing other things--laundry, house stuff, you know.

And, I very, very often read while something is on. I have always done this, and it's very rare that I actually just "watch TV" without a book or magazine or notebook in my hands. This probably stems from living with other people and someone else watching TV that I didn't want to watch, so I read.

Oh, and I also turn it on while doing yoga or stretching, which I do daily.

As to just watching TV, maybe an hour or two at the most a day. There's not a lot of "good" stuff on. It seems I've seen all the Law & Orders! I like House, but again, seems everytime I find it on, it's a repeat. I also loved Dead Like Me, but can't find it on anymore.

I do like Will & Grace & Frasier reruns on Lifetime after 10. I've seen most of them, so it's good for noise while I do other stuff. And, if I haven't already, I'll do some stretches while watching them.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I'll watch about an hour of TV during the day when I'm exercising. Other than that the TV usually goes on about 8-8:30 and off between 10:30-11. I like the reality shows such as American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. Plus The Office and Heroes. On the weekends we'll watch a DVD movie.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was reading somewhere that women average 5 hours of TV watching a day. That number just floors me.

Imagine that you sleep 8 hours a day - so that leaves only 16 hours of awake time. Almost a third of your daily wake time is being taken up sitting on a couch staring at a box. A third of your waking life!!! What kinds of amazing things could we all accomplish if we spent a full third of our time on something we loved.

If you only count adult years (say age 20 on) and are now 40, that is over six **years** of time in that period dedicated to TV watching. Wouldn't we all want a free six years to do whatever we wanted?

Rosie - I definitely agree with the others!! Can you get audiobooks at your local library? That way you can pick and choose what you learn - and you can learn all sorts of fascinating things. What is a topic you've always wanted to know more about?

Have you ever wanted to paint? To draw? To write stories? Write your memoirs? Write poetry?

Low Carb Forum
Lisa i wish i did, but i have no interest in any of that. maybe some day i will have a life ;o(

Rosie L
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.