logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I buy all my makeup at Long's drugstore. I do not wear any except lipstick and once in awhile some eye shadow. But, when I wore foundation, blush and the whole bit, I always went to Long's because they have a good variety and prices.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
These days I really do almost all of my cosmetics buying online - I get my goodies from Sephora, Lush and Paula's Choice, all online.

And then there are the basics we also get from the drugstore (Rite Aid) - mostly the stuff for DH who doesn't need the expensive stuff I like, so his lotions, shampoos, soaps, etc. I also pickup my bug sprays and some body sunscreens from Rite Aid.

Last edited by Jilly; 09/07/08 02:30 PM.
O
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
O
Lately I've been getting makeup from Avon because my mother always brings the magazines from work. I just got a container of some mineral foundation. Haven't tried it yet because I need one of those Kabuki brushes. The thing is so small yet it cost $5. Why doest it have to cost so much? I saw some at other stores and they were $6-$7.

I only wear concealer for my dark under eye circles, And i buy it at Rite Aid,

Rosie L
L
L
Hello everyone,
I am new and have never signed up to a forum before. My husband is always on forums, so I thought I would give it a try.

I have been using mineral make up from afterglow.com for over a year. It is free of talc, fillers and fragrance.

Mari

Mari
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Well, since I work in a Salon/Spa, I buy mineral makeup at the spa. It's mineral makeup and I love it. I don't think I will ever be able to wear anything else. It is like wearing nothing at all except that I look better.

T
Shark
Shark
T
I prefer Clinique over any other foundation/powder I have ever used. I have rosacea and it has been the best as far as hiding it. It does get pricey though. And I'd love more "natural" makeup, but anything I have tried from walmart or cvs just hasn't worked as well for me. I buy most of my lipsticks from AVON. And my mascara is just whatever is waterproof at walmart... couldn't tell you the brand, but I like it.

Michelle
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Onm and welcome! Those buki brushes are nice b/c they are full. The short handle has no particular value except to look distinctive and exotic.

You can do just as well and probably better with a nice full powder or blush brush (with a handle for better control) from Sephora, Two Faced, Body Shop, Bare Minerals, Paula's Choice, Aveda or Origins.

You DO want a high quality brush. But be warned, they are all pricey. A good brush will last your lifetime if you care for it rightly, however, so it's an investment.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome Mari! Forums are great ways to meet like minded people and start to form your own online community. I have met many people in person who I first met online and formed real friendships.

I like mineral makeups as well - so nice to use! I like the Bare Minerals since they have SPF 15 in them. So this way i look pretty AND prevent wrinkles. :-)

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's cool Lynne, that you get access to spa discounts! Yeah! I enjoy the mineral makeup too. It's more like a glow than a foundation. :-)

Last edited by Jilly; 09/07/08 02:20 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.