logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hi Jilly!!

I get my make-up products from Mary Kay.

Candy

Special Occasions Candy Wrapz
Customized candy bar favors and bottle labels for any occasion
www.candywrapz.net
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
You know, I have never had a mary kay lady come to me, nor have I seen a catalogue. But yet I see Avon catalogues all over town. How different are these two companies?

F
F
Not that I don't wholeheartedly endorse the bug crushing approach (because I do!), but I get mine from beauty consultants who come to my home. I started it when my sister had, as part of her wedding, a lady who came out and did my sisters' and mom's makeup. Kind of like the makeover counters at the mall. She had tons of samples and I got completely hooked. Now I'm making my way through the local list athttp://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/health_beauty.html for each special occasion I need to dress up for. It's too easy smile

A
A
I buy my cosmetics from a Mary Kay Consultant, ME

Amoeba
Amoeba
Several years ago I decided to make my own soap and began doing research about ingredients, how to go about it, etc. After learning about the chemicals that go into "soap" you buy, I vowed that I would keep making my all natural soaps because I didn't want my family, especially the grandchildren, putting all those chemicals into their bodies.

Then I began making all natural lotions, deodorant, shampoo and several products for various friends with troubled skin. The whole thing has absolutely exploded and now I also make mineral makeup.

This isn't a commercial for my products. Rather, it is a plea for everyone to become aware of what they are putting into their bodies through their skin.

The things which are not good for you that you put onto your skin every day would astound you if you became aware of them. And the price of the product usually has no bearing on the problem ingredients in them.

Please do the research - look for ingredients which end in "paraben". There are many, such as methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben and on and on. Parabens are a petroleum product. They are preservatives, but the American Cancer Society has said they are carcinogens & the government says they are a suspected carcinogen. Not going on my body!

And these preservatives are even in mineral makeup - including most of the "as seen on TV" brands and brands we have known all our lives. Just check the labels. They will usually be toward the end, but they are there.

I also won't use or make anything with aluminum - used in antiperspirants. Aluminum clogs your pores and is being found in the tissue of women who have breast cancer and in the brain tissue of people who have died with Alzheimer�s Disease.

Most commercial lip balms contain alcohol and will make your lips feel dry after about 30 minutes so you have to put more on. To say nothing of the actual drying effect on your lips. Why not just use one that is all natural and doesn't contain alcohol? Check the label and you will see.

There is a website you can check out if you would like to know about any ingredients or products you use. It rates both of them on a numerical scale so you can learn what the risks are. It is called Skin Deep and the link is:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Paula Devore, Painting Editor
Painting Website
Painting Forum
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I have to admit - I do the Mary Kay thing, too. I got in at $100 for the kit to get things at half price. I just never need the minimum $200 wholesale ($400 retail), so I have a lot left over when I buy it.

People on ebay sometimes have MK for less than half. If you search the net - there is also a 50% off MK online store.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Elephant
Elephant
CHI now is offering a line of sulfate and paraben free organic products. I am so happy to see this happening!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
Farouq is already amonia free which is good. The CHI color line is safe enough to even eat when mixed and to use on prego women. The CHI and BioSilk products aren't too bad either.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have various favorites.

I like Great Lash Mascara

I like Estee Lauder foundation and blush

I like Merle Norman Powder (loose)

I don't care what kind of eyeshadow I use

I use Isadermix for washing and moisturizing

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
My Makeup I buy most at Drugstore
but I like Mary Kay products and Aveda.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.