logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#428303 06/19/08 10:27 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
In addition to having a stash of yarn, I have a couple of hats and scarves made up to give away as last minute gifts. Does anyone else do this?

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I have a knitted hat sitting on the shelf and a small stroller blanket sitting folded under a stuffed dog waiting for future use. I used size 10 needles for both. For the hat I twisted together 2 strands of yarn - one plain, one mohair.

L
L
I started to knit baby hats and booties, intending to donate them, but have ended up giving most of them away as gifts - another set of hat and booties is going out next week !!! grin

Last edited by ladylatte; 06/20/08 07:54 AM.
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I think that shows great planning! I have a stash of scarves that I give away, I have used many different pattern stitches out of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I think those items using big needles that go quickly are perfect for gifts.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
J
J
I'm embarassed to say I keep knitting with no know recipients in mind though everyone has a rough idea what they'll receive for special occasions (something knitted, something beaded).Because of this, I have shrugs, scarves, wraps, a cape, vests....oh, I'm soooo addicted to knitting.

Jane
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I like having a stash of items, but very often end up having a stash of started items. I sometimes finish them when I get the ideal recipient in mind.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.