Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#430649 06/26/08 11:49 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'll say whining in the title so it's clear what we mean smile You can still speak up if something is wrong. You can still stand up for yourself. The aim here is to stop pointless whining and griping.

You put a bracelet on a wrist, a coin in a pocket, or any other "thing to move". The moving of an object is a critical part of helping you self train.

The goal is to go 21 consecutive days without whining. If you find you have whined, you switch the bracelet (or object) and start again. It takes many people 8 months to achieve this - but it's well worth it! People report being MUCH happier when they focus on goals and family rather than past gripes or future stresses.

See a Complaint Free World -
a Complaint Free World

for more details!

Last edited by BellaOnline; 05/25/11 04:58 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Ok I just whined in my spider post...so I will start at midnight tonight...

Great thought provoking topic Lisa!

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK here's the first bracelet I made. It's a combination of phoenix stone, grassy stone and malachite.

We'll see how long I go before I have to switch it! Only spoken and written words count. Thoughts do NOT count - the idea being that you need some place to sort things out as you practice. Over time as you find more serenity in your life, your thoughts will naturally mirror that.

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 06/27/08 12:33 AM.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is absolutely beautiful, Lisa! what made you think of making one like that?

The Only You part reminds me of the commercials I saw as a child: "Only you can prevent forest fires..."

I am assuming it means only you can change the world/your life/your serenity? Something like that? smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes actually I did a thread in inspiration I think where I asked everyone what their saying would be, and I said I'd come up with this one for me. In part because of the forest fires wink But also there's a dance dance song that starts with that which is very cheerful. And also it's a reminder that only I can direct how I feel about things in life and how I react to them.

I already have a carnelian bracelet that I made, which is similar, which I really love. So when I was thinking about this project I thought I should make a few bracelets of my own.

I also made this one with shell and tiger eye -

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly if you want I'll make one for you - here are the stones I have -

http://www.lisashea.com/japan/origami/sales/beads/gemstones.html

they're part of my origami supplies. And let me know what you'd like the charm to say, I'm making them out of polymer clay. I love polymer clay smile

I do have some more of the shell (the pink beads) but not of the phoenix stone or mossy stone, those were a special purchase I made just for this bracelet.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 05/25/11 05:38 PM.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's the final one I made, amethyst is my birthstone and "protects against drunkenness". I figured it would be appropriate with me trying not to drink wine right now wink The black is black onyx, for strength.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I *think* I went all day today without complaining. I had a drinks (water) out with 2 friends and tried very hard not to complain even slightly. I talked with them about the book and how books like these really can help people find new focus in their world. I wore my green bracelet.

Then I brought Bob some pizza, then came home. So after that there really wasn't any talking - but lots of posting.

I really am trying to be aware of what I say and type, to be encouraging and supportive.

I'm not *too* worried about being exact right now. What I mean is I accept the chance that maybe I'll slightly complain, not even think about it and go on with talking without realizing I should have done something. I figure I'll make a "real" mistake in a day or two and have to start again, so I'm more making sure I'm heading in the right direction smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would LOVE one Lisa! I would like mine to say Serenity. I am thinking lapis lazuli for creativity and to ward off depression, with carnelian for spiritual strength and the ability to rise above life's stresses, with onyx for setting goals and priorities. That all sounds like just what I need right now. smile

Hmmm, can you also add just ONE Larimar stone? That will be my Buddha stone (like as in a mala) to focus on what you wrote, "spiritual clarity, an open mind and a receptive spirit."

Doesn't this sounds exactly perfect for me? I can use it for the non-complaining and also for meditating!

I love the cute little wine glass on your amethyst one, BTW. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 06/28/08 05:41 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
well, i am still wearing my band on the same arm, although I am not sure if I complained last night. Dan and I went food shopping really late, at like 10pm, and I said, looking at cookies, "there is nothing here I can eat." [because I am low carb and there were no low carb cookies]

I didn't say it with any particular inflection, but am unclear if this counts as a whine/complaint.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.