Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Okay, I'm going to transfer my priorities from the other thread and turn them into specific - year goals here.

1. Be self-sufficientish (including more financial stability): Have some solar panels on the house. Be well into growing many of our own vegetables and herbs and doing a lot of canning, drying, of veggies, etc. Be somewhat proficient at hunting and fishing.

2. Get healthier: I want to be 150 pounds. I would be on the high end of a healthy BMI for me at that point. When we are all done with the move I plan on walking much more and getting a bike. I'm 225 now, so I feel confident I can reach this goal within 5 years.

3. Go back to school: This sort of falls under the financial stability priority. I want to have completed at least a 2-year degree within 5 years time.

4. Keep writing/arts/crafts: How many of us have said this? I want to get a novel or a book of short stories published.

I really believe these things are doable within 5 years time. Thanks for starting these threads Lisa. It's always good to really think these things through but also brainstorming like this helps.

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 06/22/08 06:45 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, thanks for your kind words as always. Here are my breakdowns for the five years-ish span, based on the priorities I mentioned in the other thread:

To add more creativity and financial stability - create an income from artwork. Have large art portfolio. Google will rank my various writing areas of interest in the top results.

Financial stability - will be earning $2000+ a month on my various projects. All debts (sans student loans) will be paid. PolyGeek will have sold a few applications by this time.

To move forward on projects - break 100,000 on amazon reviewer rank. Have a handful of nicely-selling ebooks on bella and my blogs.

To be stable - still living in crestline. Maybe own a house or build a house on our land by then.

Health and fitness - Will have had the courage to have a blood test or other needed tests by then.

Serenity - Up to advanced yoga poses and able to actually meditate for a reasonable period of time. Anxious days are a thing of rarity.

Adventure - see one year goals.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/22/08 08:27 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Trish - those are awesome goals, I love them! These will all not only be great projects to complete but will really add some long term health and serenity into your world. I love to garden smile

We can definitely help out with all of these goals, and you're right, they are all quite achievable!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - I love your goals! I think those are awesome goals to have, and really quite within the realm of possibility! I feel very strongly that you can reach these smile

Advanced yoga poses - I should have thought of that one! See, now I'm going to use a few of your goals to add onto my goal list smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I figure I should be able to do some of those interesting strength-based poses by then. smile You too. smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes you are SO right! Think of the amazingly cool things we will be able to do after 5 years of practice! That is a neat thing to look forward to smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I also hope by then that dan and i have a nice space to do yoga in. It's a fantasy of ours to have a better setting for this kind of thing. Something clean, neat, sacred and zen.

Gecko
Gecko
Get a house in the UK for me and hubby. I want to rent it out, he wants us to live in it but rent it out if we want to move on but we are open to each other's ideas here. This is a three to five year goal.

Get out of debt. Travel is a priority so to me there is no rush to get out of debt our cards are going down, loan is paid off, we have savings now, we pay more than the minimum payment to be increased soon. A three to five year goal and of course before the house!

Hmm travel-wise hard to choose which places to go to there are so many! Maybe: Iceland, Barcelona, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Galapagos Islands, Macchu Picchu, Thailand, New York & Virginia, Dubai, (and if I want to REALLY go for gold I will add five more! cruise down the Nile to Aswan, Nubia etc. in Egypt, Jordan, China, India and either the Seychelles or Marauchitas (can't remember how to spell it!) And return to Walt Disney World which we LOVED but this time also go to the clubs and see MORE shows!

I want to continue to be happy in my marriage.

I would LOVE to have some close friends who are positive and uplifting who I see at least once a month for theatre, concerts or just coffee and a chat!

Career-wise do I want to learn something new? Not sure how I will feel in five years! Hubby wants to be an architect or run a business so I want to help support him while continuing to do well in my own career. I know! I'd like to learn at least ONE language - probably Arabic, hubby's language. I'd love to learn Italian, French and Japanese too but it's 5 years not 20. One step at a time!!

That's all for now, that's a lot! Oh it'd be nice to lose another 20 pounds (lost about 16 already!) within five years.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
ooo Jill I have always *dreamed* of a Zen like room for quiet meditation and relaxation and that sort of thing. I even have a Japanese screen in the basement on one wall of my dance-dance area, and a string of Tibetan flags across the top. So it's a tiny reminder of what I'm working towards smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those really sound like great long term goals! Again I definitely agree that having a small group of positive friends is SO helpful! I deliberate went out and gathered such a group a few years ago for a monthly dinner and it is just amazing how nice that is. We all support each other, help each other and cheer each other on.

I have always wanted to learn Ukrainian and even have tapes and books, but it's challenging. I should just aim for a word a day ...

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.