Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hey there everyone! First I want to say that I don't recommend speed weight loss for anyone! Slow and steady is what works and sticks. That being said, I know that sometimes there is a special event coming up and you really had your heart set on wearing XXXX outfit. You just can't fit into it. You want something *healthy* that you can try to make that goal.

Full Details -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
That sounds great, but a 5 pound loss for me wouldn't make a dent. it would go totally unnoticed. and i still wouldn't fit in what i wanted to ;o(

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Skyhaven - that's why I caveated that we all have different goals - but you need to take them a pound at a time! I bet if you took off 5 pounds every 5 days that you could reach your goals rather quickly smile

How are you doing on your goals right now? Are you making progress, or would you like some suggestions?

Low Carb Forum
Now that sounds interesting, I had slacked up some, but im back walking again, need to walk out the aches n pains, by all means Lisa would love some suggestions, need all the help i can get ;o)

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Sure thing, we can definitely help!! Have you been walking for the past week? Are you staying even on your weight, or is it going up or down? Just trying to get a sense of our starting point smile

Low Carb Forum
Yup i have been walking pains and all, as for the eating, to day was a disaster i am bored and eating bad stuff. my weight has alway gone up n down more up than down. with my grandson home from college for the summer im not eating as healthy as i was when he was living away at school. can't afford to eat healthy n feed him to ;o( i think im depressed because hes here i did so much love living alone. i am hoping when classes start again he will move out. if not i'll just stay depressed ;o( and fat

Rosie L
Zebra
Zebra
Rosie, can you find a way to take advantage of your grandson being there? Maybe he can help you learn some new ways to be active--go for walks together or perhaps he can help you get some light weights and find some easy routines (nothing with leg weights as long as your knee hurts!) Or, maybe he can help you with some around the house projects you can't tackle on your own--decluttering, cleaning, whatever.

And, you know, you are really helping him out by providing a place for him to stay, so you can feel good about that. So, kudos to you. Kindness is always good.

Zebra
Zebra
Lisa, great article. And, great for you on losing more! The author of "The Secret" talks about losing weight by focusing on your ideal weight and I realized as I was reading your article, I'd been focusing on "gaining" and whup, there it is!

I know better! Now, I'm going to choose a new number for myself.

Thanks, again.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deb - yes indeed, the Secret analogy is very apt! I was talking about the whole situation with my son earlier tonight. It really was amazing how quickly the weight came off when I began to think encouragingly and positively about the number 135. I would see something yummy, and I'd think, "Well it does look nice, but I'm going to be 135!" So it wasn't a hardship to pass it up, I was feeling good about what I was about to achieve. And poof, I did!

I have to say, the hardest thing to give up was the wine. I am a wine writer and am very used to having a lovely glass of wine with my salad for example. It added great flavors to the meal. I am looking forward to when I am 130 which is when I decided I can start having wine with my meals again smile

So my new number is 130, soon I will be 130 and enjoying delicious wine with my food!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Rosie - it is great that you are still walking! It is definitely harder to eat healthily when there are others in the house who are not necessarily healthy eaters. I bet that we can imagine ways for you both to eat healthily though!! There are TONS of healthy meals which are also inexpensive.

Do you have any room on your porch for a tomato plant or two? Do you get sunlight there?

If you're bored, we can keep you busy!! Get a BIG glass of water - water keeps you feeling full and hydrated too. What is something you've always wanted to learn about?

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.