Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I don't count calories. I'd rather just work out more. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right I definitely don't count calories either smile For the others reading this thread, though, even if you count carbs, wine is 2.0g for red wine and 0.9g for white wine. I have all alcohol counts here -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 06/26/08 11:08 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This is really working!! Today I am 131.8! I am nearing 130!

I had appetizers with friends this afternoon while I was out, and was telling them all about this. One friend was convinced that when I hit 130 that if I went back to eating the way I did at 140 that I'd go up to 140 and settle there. I tried to explain to her that when I was 140 I was eating in the same amount as I was burning up. I was maintaining that weight. Right now I'm losing weight, because I'm eating less (i.e. no alcohol). When I hit 130 if I go back to what I was doing before, I'll maintain again and stay at 130.

She's still confused and I'm not sure what I'm explaining wrong. I even tried the "If I burn 1400 calories a day, and I ingest 1400 calories a day, I can't gain weight" approach.

Can anybody think of what she might be confused about, so I can explain it better? Is she thinking that those 10 pounds of fat cells were taking in nutrition and now that they're smaller, the very fact that they are smaller means I will be burning fewer calories a day?

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think that's it, Lisa.

But too, it takes less calories to maintain a smaller mass, so your calorie needs will be lower at 130 than at 140. On the other hand, the higher the muscle mass, the higher the calorie need.

Of course, I'm not telling you anything you didn't know!

As for me, I would LOVE to be 120. I was 115 thoughout high school. This is a pipe dream, and I know better. In high school I ran track, which of course didn't need too much of the upper body strength. The military requires quite a bit more, so I've built it up some and know I can't get so far down in absolute numbers. When I got down to 124 a couple years back I was getting comments from coworkers that I looked anorexic.

I just want to get rid of that last layer of fat and tone up. It wouldn't bother me if I were 135 or 140 if I could be not jiggly.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I thought about that - but you don't lose fat cells, and we're not talking about losing 100 pounds, only 10 pounds. So yes those fat cells are getting smaller, but I don't think the fat cells were consuming THAT many calories to stay alive. I would have to guess the difference in "resting calorie intake" for those fat cells in a smaller vs larger size must be miniscule and probably within the daily variance of what I eat anyway. I don't eat the exact same number of calories every day. I don't think anybody could smile

Yes definitely I think for all of us the aim should be on tone and health, NOT on a precise weight. You can be healthy at 140 - and very unhealthy at 120.

That all being said, I just crossed 130!!! I am now officially 129.8!!

I need a new sign! My new goal is 125 - but really my new goal now is a toned stomach. I don't want to just wildly lose weight, I want to become yoga-like in shape smile Plus now I get to drink wine!!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Congrats, Lisa! Yay for you at 129 and for returning to wine. smile

I think doing Shiva's style of yoga will get you that toned stomach. Good goal. smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely I need to do more yoga now. Toned stomach, here I come!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'd go with this Creative Core Abs by Shiva. Here is my Amazon Review:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly slice everything off from the word "ref" because the rest is all just reference info. So just post -

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hey cool! I never would have figured that out. smile

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.