Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Kryssie - The muscle scale I like is here -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, all those ideas for your weight loss sound ideal. You are really good at coming up with positive, mindful ways of following your goals. smile

Curious - Is your muscle mass up?

I think i will make myself a sign that is just like you that says 120!! with the flowers and hang that up. It's a great idea.

What is funny is that I weigh less but you look so very much more thin than I do.

Bodies are sure different all across the range, huh?

Last edited by Jilly; 06/23/08 02:15 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Hmmm I have a pilates video. I could throw that in in the evenings...or at the end of my weights. It sure would help with my knee!

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jase that is SO awesome that you are down to 230!! Super!! I wish my boyfriend could get down to 230. It really does make such a huge health difference when you're in the 230 range vs the 300 range.

Many overweight (or once overweight) people have those types of joint and back issues, so even though yours are from a different reasons, you're in a common situation. There are all sorts of options open which can let you keep losing weight.

Do you have a pool near you? My boyfriend's mom was putting in a pool specifically so she could exercise without joint pain. I know many people who do that. They even have spa setups now where you do resistance training in the spa, with straps hooked up to the spa walls. It's really ideal.

One of our forum members walks 2 miles a day at a slow speed. Nice, gentle, weight losing.

Yoga is very low impact, and great for strength and flexibility!

I know we've all talked about the loose skin issue and I really do believe after all the research that your skin *will* tone up once you lose the weight. The issue right now is you have fat lining the inside of that skin. It's pulling the skin down with its weight. So keep at it, and your problem will solve!!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
In terms of my muscle mass, I'd have to try to dig out my previous notes (did I mention my office is a HUGE mess??). So let's at least post right now.

My weight is 134.2 - so it's staying under 135 which is great! But I am being very focused NOT to think of it that way, I have a sign saying 130!! posted on my bathroom mirror and am focusing on the 130.

Body fat is 23.8%. Water is 53.4%. That's high for water for me, usually it's 49% or 50%. I am trying to be really good about hydrating myself right now.

Bone mass is 6.6 pounds. They seem to measure that in pounds, not in percentage. You would hope that wouldn't change wink

Muscle mass is 43.2 pounds. Again, they seem to measure this in pounds, not in percentage, at least with this scale. So I guess we'll see how that alters going forward. That seems to be 32.2%.

So if we have:

fat: 23.8%
water: 53.4%
bone: 4.9%
muscle: 32.2%

total: 114.3%

OK that can't be right smile Something seems to be slightly off.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just wanted to poke in and say I'm facing my biggest challenge so far. I'm a wine writer and just got hit with an emergency deadline to submit three articles for a magazine I write for. I had thought I had more time for these - so even though I'm barely awake after the origami folding, I'm down here typing the notes up.

So I'm typing all these notes about delicious wines, delicious food pairings and I *really* want to go pour myself a glass of wine!! The bottles are just in the other room. I am having to remind myself, 130! 130!

A glass of wine is about 100 calories for 5oz pour, so not a *ton* - it's like a 100 calorie pack of snacks wink But still, every bit helps right now. I'll go back to drinking wine once I hit my 130 goal!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah, but there are no carbs. So why not enjoy!

M
M
I could use some help from anyone that can help me. I have a few health problems that affect me but i'm not sure to what extent really. Ok so here goes.
I am 26 years old and I am 250 (give or take) at the moment and I'm 6 foot maybe a little taller. I have been down as low as 145 and I was skinny really skinny, I have between a medium and big build long torso and legs and a wide span shoulders and tiny waist but large hips and butt even skinny. I would be happy at 155 - 165 but I have had a huge problem losing anything lately.
About 3 years ago I was down to 145 than out of no where my body started to put on weight in 1 year I put on 100 lbs and I changed nothing in how I ate or exercised. I do have a thyriod problem Hasimoto's Disease and Hypothyriod, my T3 total is sky high but they say it isn't important when everything else is ok ( I don't belive them but don't know what to do about it) and in addition I have a yeast and enterobacter choclea infection in my stomache and intestines so they say bc of that I'm not absorbing nutrients at all (i'm on an anti-fungal and some natural thing for the bacteria I just started them a week ago). In addition to that I have been on various pain killers and other drugs for 13 years due to chronic pain, headaches etc. About a month and half ago, they found out that I have 5 compressed, herniated and 3 levels of buldging discs in my cervical spine (neck) as a result of this my entire spinal cord is swollen causing all those problems. So starting a month and a week ago they began with epidurals in my neck with steriods something spelt like Kela something or other and I have my 3rd and last for at least a while on monday. As a result of these I have not only wanted to each EVERYTHING in sight 24 hours a day in fact waking in the middl eof the night to each too and in the last 5 weeks I have put on between 20 - 30 lbs depending on the scale (drs is lower my home one is higher). I have been told to expect more weight from the last one as well and then after 3 months I would begin to lose the weight from the steriods. I am super frustrated with all the weight I have put on and no matter what i have tired I can't lose it either diet or exercise and now that they figured out my back problem I have been forbidden to do any exercise that is unnecessary until they fix the problem (god knows how they will fix it I pray not surgery) which could be a while. The only good thing to come out of the steriods is now I like spicy food and many other things I used to hate to eat although not enough veggies to make me totally happy.
I really really want to lose the weight and I have started converting to organic foods and better food overall. Like in the morning I have a shake with fruit, rice milk, Udo's Oil, Whey Protein, Raw Foods, Hemp and Green Powder. This helps me with nausa as well as fills me up for at least 3 - 4 hours and I feel cleaner and better overall drinking it. I would like suggestions on other foods organic, healthy, low in cholesteral (its been high lately just started Red Yeast for it) and veggie burger/chicken and the like would be fine too as long as it doesn't taste like dirk. I would love recipes that would make healthy things taste good too (i can be picky if it tastes icky) basically any help that I can get would be appreciate. At this point until they fix my neck I would just like to keep from putting on anymore weight. I am a really pretty girl and I hate to look like air has been pumped into me. I hate to be looked at like I eat everything and I hate that men ignore me when I know that when I'm skinny they fawn all over me. Please help I'm too young for all this I need help to go in the right direction even before it is possible to lose it all. ANY HELP I CAN GET I WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATIVE TO RECIEVE. Thank you in advance for all you do. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Yeah, but there are no carbs. So why not enjoy!

LOL I'm not sure if you were serious, but first, wine does have carbs, and second, alcohol is REALLY bad when you're dieting because your body always burns alcohol first. So say you take in 800 calories of alcohol and your body needs 1000 to fuel it's daily routine. That means that you can now only take in 200 calories of other food before you start gaining weight.

Remember, low carb is a "shortcut" way of keeping track of what you eat - but it is always with the assumption that you are eating healthily. If you ate 800 pounds of chicken in a day you'd gain weight. Just because it is zero carbs does not mean it's zero calories. Low carb works because you eat a balanced diet meaning what you do ingest of protein and fats (the other 2 main energy sources your body burns) will be within your daily metabolism limits. If you skew the system by eating unhealthily - like drinking 800 gallons of olive oil for example - then you'll gain weight even though it's zero carbs.

So that's a very important thing for everybody to understand. Low carb works because it's a balance. If you go out of balance then you'll gain weight even on a zero carb diet. You need to eat a healthy balance of fresh veggies, lean meat and healthy fats. When you do that, then the carb count is "shorthand" for how much sugar is coming in, and you'll be OK.

Alcohol is never in balance, that is always something ingested that is solely a calorie liquid. It's like liquid sugar. In a way it's worse because it is a precedence fuel and will be burnt before anything else is, including your body's own fat. So if you really want to lose weight, drop all alcohol. If you're willing to take the "hit" of slower weight loss, then add in a glass of wine a day and know you're making a compromise there.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome Mairead5! Let's wee what we can do to help out!

I am SO glad they are finally figuring out what is causing your problems! It must have been awful to have all these issues and not know why. At least now if they know what's wrong, they can fix it, and then you can be happy and healthy smile

It really is so important to eat healthy foods no matter what your situation in life. I'm glad to hear you're going to be doing that! I have a ton of recipes organized here -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.