Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Laura -

I know it's tough - me and my sister used to fight all the time. But it's actually something kids need to learn how to work through on their own. If parents always intervene, then they don't learn the skills themselves.

I would start thinking of this as "independence training" for you smile Find something to do outside for ten minutes. Take your camera out to take pictures of something from lots of angles. If the house catches on fire, I'm sure you'll know smile Get yourself used to letting the kids learn those coping skills!

On the noise side, one solution is to spend time outside if they're inside and visa versa. Another solution is to get yourself some noise-canceling headphones (which I *highly* recommend) and play some relaxing music while you work or read. A third solution is to teach the boys that a certain period of time is "quiet time" where they can do something quietly - read, watch TV, play video games - but that the noise levels need to be low for that time. You can start with 1/2 hr and move up from there smile

Rotate between all of them!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Definitely if anybody has writer's block, post in the creativity forum. We'll guarantee to give you 20 or more ideas of things to add into your idea box!

Low Carb Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Thanks for the advice Lisa, I will remember that when I do have writers block. Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Many of us also carry a little notebook around with us in our purse, so when ideas hit us we write them down. You can easily fill up pages of your notebook in a few days and that way when you get stuck you just flip through the pages to find ideas.

Low Carb Forum
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Great ideas Lisa, I'll try some out.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Mary - I think I missed your post! You are SO right that the environment we are in can make it much easier to relax and get in the zone. If you try to do that with screaming kids, bad smells and traffic noise, it can be pretty much impossible.

But if you have your favorite music on, or a white noise generator, and a candle of your favorite scent, and a beautiful painting on the wall in front of you, what a difference it can make!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
When people have carved out that 10 minute moment of peace, breathe in the relaxation and then think about what priorities in life would really make you happy!

Here is our thread on setting your priorities -

Setting Priorities

Last edited by BellaOnline; 08/22/10 04:55 PM.

Low Carb Forum
D
D
Great point about de-stressing for ten minutes, Lisa. However, for many women who are trying to achieve balance in life rushing from activity to activity, ten minutes might be difficult. Let's try five minutes to cultivate a relaxation response. And by the way make sure to practice relaxation during the good times, as in this way you will have a knee-jerk reaction during the rough times when you need it most. Since one size does not fit all, here are some suggestions: Deep breathing (try inhaling and exhaling through your nose, making the exhalation longer), visualization where you are in a happy place and you give yourself a special affirmation, a five minute burst of exercise (just put on the music and move) or a spot of humor. Cultivate your own ritual and have fun with it. Try out different screen savers or experiment with essential oil fragrances which relax you. Stress will always land on your doorstep, but you don't have to open the door!

Debbie Mandel, Stress Mgmnt EdStress Mgmnt Site Stress Mgmnt Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's so true!! Five minutes is an awesome start. I find deep breathing really helps with me smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wanted to comment that today there were several instances when I was trying to get somewhere and hit a red light. I used that time to do deep breathing exercises and quiet focus - and it was really wonderful smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.