Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Reassessing my one year goals:

1. "Have begun art portfolio" - it's not time yet. It feels like autumn will be the time to start

2. "Both our credit scores are good" - we've ordered them and they are still quite poor. I found that although I am out of default now on my student loans, they need to have me sign an official paper stating so, and THEN they will report my good behavior to the credit companies. I am awaiting the paperwork. YAY! On DH's front I am having trouble getting his scores in - we don't remember his security info from the last time we did this. They keep locking us out. So that is at a stall right now.

3. "All my stuff from Arizona is here" - My MIL has agreed to run out with me and at least unload my storage and get things from my friend's house. The next step is to figure out how to get her here (it costs us 75 bucks in gas to go and pick her up and drop her off in LA). Also, driving across the desert right now is a horrible idea and this may have to be shelves until September.

4. "I have one or two ebooks up in Cosmetics" - just adding articles at this time

5. "JillFlorio.com is up to date with all old articles and current ones and back online" - the site is still offline while I think about hiring someone to make a nice design for it

6. "Cosmetics site is preloaded through end of the year" - not my first priority right now but am loaded through the month at least

7. "Crestline Living is up to date and number one google result for crestline" - this has been a big priority. I am adding content almost every day and using my social networks and misc blogs to promote it. I hired someone to make me a nicer design. I ordered free business cards from vista print and paid for 14-day shipping. I am still not ranking with google, but the specific searches are going well. Traffic is rising and i am number one for 'crestline basics.' I still doen't show up anywhere for just 'crestline' or even 'crestline ca.'

8. "Break 500,000 in Amazon reviewer rank" - broke this to the 200,000s already - yay! So new goal is to hit the teens in one year. Am adding tons of old reviews from previous articles, plus new reviews every few days.
9. Earning $1000 a month from my various projects - still totally broke. I think I am earning a hundred or two a month.

10. "go camping with dan or alone at least every three weeks" - we made plans through September so far smile

11. "Have an accountant/tax person and all business/taxes will be well in hand and no longer a source of confusion and stress" - hired a friend to take all this on. Sent her a retainer. Compiling a package of all my info and receipts/donations to send next.

12. "Up to intermediate level yoga poses" - I don't really know when one can say they are there, but I really can do most of the intermediate poses. So revised goal is to be comfortably solid in the Intermediate camp in a year and playing around with Advanced poses.

13. "Office will be organized" - haven't started

14. "Kitchen/utility room will be organized" - haven't started

15. "Will have new flooring, ceiling fan and wall paint done" - we have hired a neighbor to help us with the last of the carpet and staples and to paint the wall. have not set a date yet. The fan is a sticking point - we actually need a legal contractor for that. Have not decided what to do about replacing the floor yet.

16. "Will have tried all local yoga classes and reviewed them for crestline living" - This is going well! I have gathered all the information and scheduled out when to go to what classes. I have a few down already - this is fun!

17. "Will no longer find getting packages to me as a nightmare" - finally!!! it took six months but we figured something out that is working. This is such an unbelievable relief! smile

18. "Will have several control journals created and in use, including emergency plan journal" - Dh and I talked about our emergency plans (where we will meet, what we will grab) but we still need to write out an Action Plan and update our emergency kits. Fire is a huge danger up here.

19. "Weight down to 120 to stay there, with under 20% fat levels" - using the Milestone Sign weight loss plan, seems to be going there. I am trying to made sure I have a salad each day but keep forgetting.

Last edited by Jilly; 09/28/08 03:48 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amazon rankings seem to update every week or two, you'll see as you go!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - on your Crestline site you don't have ANY links anywhere that simply say "crestline" so Google has no way of knowing that site is a great match for that one word. It can't guess smile Also your title has crestline, with a comma in it. And the words "Life In" which nobody would search on, so that dilutes the value.

I would change the title to just

Crestline California

nobody would search on CrestlineLiving so that is only hurting you.

Then add a link to EVERY PAGE - maybe in the footer - that says just "crestline" and links to your homepage. Have the "front page" link say that too. Having a link that says "front page" is meaningless to Google. smile At least have it say "Crestline Main Page" or something smile

Did you know that one of your most importantly featured links - the "archive" link in the top menu bar - goes to a 404 page? smile

Make those changes and I bet you'll see results quickly smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Great ideas, thank you!!!!

I updated the tag:
Crestline California - Living in the San Bernardino Mountain Towns

Quote:

Did you know that one of your most importantly featured links - the "archive" link in the top menu bar - goes to a 404 page? smile

I have no idea how to fix this.

Quote:

Then add a link to EVERY PAGE - maybe in the footer - that says just "crestline" and links to your homepage. Have the "front page" link say that too. Having a link that says "front page" is meaningless to Google. smile At least have it say "Crestline Main Page" or something smile

Okay, I also don't know what exactly you are saying to do.

Last edited by Jilly; 07/04/08 05:48 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
While I try to figure out how to change things like Lisa suggested on my blog, I am re-opening jillflorio.com. I need to figure out how to make some kind of design for it and figure out how to add articles.

I might just use a blog template as that is the level of comprehension i can deal with - you just click on "write" and it adds your post when you say "publish."

Once this is done I can find my tons of old articles and add them. My fish stuff and living simply stuff is already on it, but I have ten years worth of published works to compile, plus all my new amazon reviews. And then I can link it to crestlineliving and vice versa and in my bios here.

I will have a lot of yoga DVD/Book reviews to add - it will be nice to have a new featured section. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I asked DH to fix my archive link, done. Now I am asking him about the other things Lisa mentioned.

Update - okay all those things are fixed. If anyone has any other suggestions for my site I would love to hear them. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 07/06/08 04:13 PM.
Zebra
Zebra
Looks great, and when I "searched" Crestline Living, you were on the second page, top listing. So that's great! You'll be number one in no time!

There's no way to contact you (except via comments) or even know who you are on the site, though. So, I think a bio page or about us or something would work nicely to help people feel the "friendly" vibe you are going for. You could even add a "reported by Jill Florio" line to your posts.

Maybe you want to retain anonymity for reviews, I don't know, but some people might not like leaving comments but want to say "good job" or "come review my class" or something.

Just an observation.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deb, thank you, this is all great. Yes, there is nothing about ME on the site at this point. basically i feel foolish as there is hardly any content up yet, so I am lying low. But eventually i will feel proud enough of the site to actually tell people about it, and at that point i can add info about me, yes? Or should i now?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
HUH, where did you search? For crestline living i am the number one hit for google, first page.

But nobody is going to search for crestline living, i suppose. What do you think people will search for - crestline, crestline CA, town of crestline, crestline mountains, crestline basics, crestline info...?

Zebra
Zebra
Oops, I was on the yahoo search. I have both in my toolbar. I searched crestline living with the space in between the two words.

Let's look on Google keyword tool & see what they are searching for! Well, for "crestline ca" there are 84 terms. So, you want to narrow & focus the search some more. Here's the link to the tool if you don't have it: (BTW, you only have to do the security thing one time per session.)

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

You can play around with various terms that work for you & feature them in your articles. First, put your web address in there (second box) to see what keywords you already have--interesting. Then, put keywords you want to focus on to see what is "out there".

And, another keyword tool I use is wordtracker:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.