Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
xmeecosmic, MrsBunny, mucarito, mryannlgn, pattyh
57112 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57112 Members
417 Forums
112798 Topics
798370 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 933
Beetlemess 569
Nancy Roussy 221
Karm - SW USA Editor 216
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 163
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 152
Dianne W - Editor 88
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 85
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#429278 - 06/23/08 01:12 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Stephanie - Weight Loss]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Stephanie - it actually does get easier as you go, because you have more energy and aren't lugging around the extra weight. Can you even imagine picking up a 70 pound bag and carrying it around with you every single day? The thought is staggering!! It must be SO nice to be lighter now.

I'm sorry to hear about the pinched nerve, is there something they can do to "fix" that?

Think of your desk as a fun challenge. This will be your chance to do a fun summer cleaning and when it's done, you will be so happy with the results!!

Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Twitter Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Facebook Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to MySpace Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are your One Year Goals? Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Reddit
#429280 - 06/23/08 01:16 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor

Yes definitely don't worry about this being complete or final!! It's a starting point, giving you some things to work on. You can always add or remove things from it as you go!

That list looks wonderful! It gives you different things to work on on different days so that you stay energized and engaged. They all definitely look quite doable too!

Don't worry about doing all of them right now. They're on the list to be thought about. Just be content that you are making progress on setting up your plan smile

Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Twitter Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Facebook Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to MySpace Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are your One Year Goals? Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are your One Year Goals? to Reddit
#429292 - 06/23/08 01:55 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Thanks, Lisa, I hope so about them being doable. I have been tossing these thoughts around for a long time. I do think there is a lot of diversity in this beginning.

Should we start an thread where we talk about what we are doing *now* - and to get ideas how - to get the one year goals started?

#429302 - 06/23/08 02:41 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Jilly]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Loc: Memphis, TN
I have some info and articles I'm happy to recommend on action planning, which I think comes after you set goals. It's a system based on "Next step" thinking--i.e., what's the next step I take to get to my goal.

Smart Marketing Works

#429341 - 06/23/08 05:54 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: BellaDeb]
BellaOnline Editor

Excellent idea Jill!!

Here is a thread to get us actually working on our goals NOW - and to get feedback and support on what we're doing!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

#429342 - 06/23/08 05:54 AM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Deb that sounds awesome, we can all use advice on how to get our goals going!

#429535 - 06/23/08 07:49 PM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Okay, here we go. Remember, these are "business" focused because I write on business, but goals are goals, and how you get there is the same, so don't let the business part fool you!

The first part is to set the goals in a measurable, achievable way. The reason for this is so you know when you get there!

So, here's a couple on setting the goals:

How to Set Long Term Goals

and

Goals that make a difference
Smart Marketing Works

#429540 - 06/23/08 07:55 PM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: BellaDeb]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Once you have your goals set and written, then you create Action plans for them! Action Plans are really road maps to your goals!

Here's the basics of: Action Plans

And, here's an article on Action Plan Tips & Examples (Don't skip this one!)

And, finally, here's a form you can use:

Action Plan Form

Smart Marketing Works

#429552 - 06/23/08 08:11 PM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: BellaDeb]
Athena_Marina Offline
Gecko

I will adjust them after reading the articles here (great post ideas by the way!) but for now some One Year goals:

UK Residency for me and hubby
Our school to get Healthy Schools Status (of which I play a big part)
Me to go to Russia on a tour for a week in August (I think it's the 11th and I've decided which tour company and which tour etc.)

My husband and I to go to the States again in
October and spend a week visiting: San Francisco, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Yes it would be a bit of a whirlwind but WHAT a whirlwind!
I'd also like to continue to
improve my social life.
Return to
writing group and hopefully get a poem or short story published in their next anthology and maybe even enter a competition!
That will do for now except for one more thing
I want more balance work-wise next school year
(which starts in September.) Yes I have it pretty good but I want even MORE. An easier workload. And to say no to any more extra commitments at work so I can have a year off in a way to just focus on my main job - as a teacher - and on time for me, my friends, husband, other parts of life etc.
Thank you for listening and for starting this topic!
Oh P.S and to donate to several charities even if it's only �10 ($20 USD) each (to increase in the future!!)

#429573 - 06/23/08 08:59 PM Re: What are your One Year Goals? [Re: Athena_Marina]
BellaOnline Editor

Those are awesome articles, Deb, thanks so much!!

Athena - you should send poems and stories in to our BellaOnline literary review!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  leahmullen 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Happy New Year and my 2014 motto
by Lestie4containergardens
Career Training
15 seconds ago
Attention Deficit Disorder Diagnostic Tools
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
37 minutes 38 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
40 minutes 46 seconds ago
Great Article
by AprilAlisaMarquette
Daughters
48 minutes 5 seconds ago
Review of Debbie Macomber book
by AprilAlisaMarquette
Christian Literature
54 minutes 4 seconds ago
Do your beauty products contain coconut oil?
by AprilAlisaMarquette
Ethnic Beauty
57 minutes 24 seconds ago
fashion tips for tall girls
by BB -Body Care
Women's Fashion
Today at 11:43 AM
Shaping the Eyebrows
by BB -Body Care
Cosmetics
Today at 11:40 AM
confidence and comments about your body
by BB -Body Care
Body Image
Today at 11:37 AM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 11:36 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.