Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#428490 06/19/08 09:27 PM
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Have you ever thought that your picture frames were turned in a different direction than you had placed them?

Don�t get me wrong�I don�t have to have all of my picture frames in a certain order. But, have you ever had a frame turned a little bit to one side where you thought, �Why would I ever put it that way, because you can�t see the picture?�

As I said in the title of the post�no laughing�ok, ok, now I�m laughing at my own self. laugh

But, please tell me there is someone else out there that has noticed a picture frame, chair, etc., that is in a different place or direction than was previously left?

Or, perhaps you can just lie about it and make me feel better, lol! wink

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Possibly you just bumped it without realizing it?

I know if I am carrying a load in my arms, I have hit some of my family portraits before, knocking them a little askew. And especially if I'm busy, I might not notice it at the time.

My big thing is when I have bruises all over me - and I can't remember what I've run into that caused them! blush

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
My brother is always messing with my mom when we are at her house for any family dinners. When she is not looking, he goes around the house making all the pictures on the walls slightly askew!It drives her crazy!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The picture frames were only moved slightly? You should come to our house. They sometimes fly off the wall. Most recently a picture frame right behind me came apart with the front of the frame, matte, print and glass falling approximately 7 feet to the wood floor. The glass did not break. My husband examined it closely and could come up with no explanation as to how it happened.

When I got my first apartment, I displayed two candle holders I had received from Great Aunts on a large floor speaker. Each morning when I got up, and each afternoon when I returned home from work they were in a different position, sometimes with one on the floor. The stereo was not turned on.

I've had things disappear from my kitchen and be found in extremely odd places several weeks or months later, or never found at all. My vegetable peeler ended up in the storage box with my daughter's pow-wow outfit once.

We've also had the TV and stereo turn themselves on and off, with no one near the remote, and when the remotes were not in the room AND had no batteries in them. We've actually tested these occurrences.

It could be a real simple explanation, like bumping the furniture, or a prank, as mentioned in previous posts. If it continues and it's bothering you, investigate it a bit, and take some notes. You can "play" CSI or ghosthunter and sprinkle some baby powder under the frames, and then check for disturbances in the powder showing the frames were moved, and it's not your imagination.

If there ends up being no plausible explanation, you can stand near the picture frames and say out loud "Knock it off, you're bothering me." Sometimes, that's all it takes to make whatever is happening stop.

If you decide to investigate a bit, keep us posted on what's happening.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My brother-in-law had to straighten a picture his mother had painted several times while he and my sister were sitting in the room near it just talking. Finally the picture flew off the wall and hit him in the head. My sister said, "I think your mother is trying to tell you something." His mother had passed on a few months earlier and told him if there was an after-life she would find a way to tell him.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Phyllis, I'm laughing, as sometimes they have to whack me in the head to get my attention too.

Sometimes these types of occurrences are associated with a message, but I think sometimes they are just to say "Hey I'm here." Generally when I acknowledge the "visit" things will settle down, or as close to settled as it ever gets in my house.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
laugh That is so funny, Icp. I agree with you - they sometimes just want to let us know "I am here!"

I love knowing that we can receive messages or little reminders from the other side when we are open to it. smile

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Absolutely! In our last house we had at least 1 and possibly more lingering spirits who just wanted to be acknowledged. When something "weird" would happen we would just say hello. Unfortunately the spirits stayed with the house (which is where we first encountered them) and we miss them. I hope the current owners accept them because they are in for a rocky ride if they don't! laugh

Helen, the spirits that stayed with the house may not be able to get thru to the new people if the newbies are not open to this type of communication. I just hope all goes well for them and for the spirits!

I have had been aware of the spirit world since I can remember and most of the ones I meet are benevolent, some are lost and I try to guide them and others are mischievious. Thankfully, I have never encountered a mean one.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well, our first encounter with them was the kitchen cabinets being thrown open and plates flying out of the cabinet. Unfortunately my youngest, who was 14 at the time, was home alone. He ran out of the house and called us from his friends house. I don't think you'd need to be particularly open to notice that smile

DH and I thought he was making it up until we all had our own encounters. Once we knew what was going on we enjoyed sharing the house with them and they seemed to enjoy sharing it with us. On several occasions they actually saved us from ourselves, but I could go on at length with these stories. I just wish there was a friendly spirit in this house, as I said, I miss them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.