logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36
Shark
Shark
Excellent topic, Lisa!

My Global Priority: Saving Honeybees - Did you know that experts claim that at the rate of honeybee hives disappearing today - the honeybee - the biggest major pollenator of fruit, flowers, veggies will be GONE by 2035? Whether you love honey or are allergic to bee stings - you eat, smell, or use products from something that the honeybee helps to exist.

My Professional Priority: To make a living being me. It's working really well so far. The facets that make up this priority are:

• Helping people make a living doing what they love.
  • Teaching those that want to learn.
  • Connecting inspired, motivated people with coaches & mentors.
  • Getting people moving in new ways.
  • Guiding others to take action.

My Personal Priority: Being authentic in my interactions, diligent in asserting myself, honorable and kind to others.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cate - that is so very true that many of us have priorities, but when we look at our actual day to day lives the goals we are working on don't reflect those priorities. It's why this exercise can be such an important one!

That is GREAT that you're setting up a work area so you can productively work on your tasks and goals without stress. That can be so key in making progress.

We can definitely get caught up in a pattern of always correcting / finding fault in family members and never appreciating the good. It's an easy trap. It really does make a huge difference if we actively seek out and praise the good instead!

That is super about working on the income. We have TONS and tons of pages here on how to do that more efficiently, plus I have hundreds of pages including free video courses on lisashea.com. I'll have that specifically as a topic in the coming days so we can help you directly with what you're working on smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Laura - rambling is great! The more we brainstorm, think and ponder, the more we sort through the chaff and wheat and figure out what is really important in life. So ramble on!

It sounds like you have a great priority. Being self sufficient is a key aim that is important and healthy. That is even "easier" than trying to make money for cruises and airline tickets. We can definitely help with this. That'll be an upcoming topic, so once we hit that, we will get into specifics with your plans!

A family centered life sounds quite wonderful smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deanna - what a wonderful set of priorities! That helps to grow your spiritual realm, your physical / health realm, and your social realm. It sounds like you have all the bases covered!

You sound like you're in a great place to have your goal planning really achieve some spectacular things!

Low Carb Forum
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
This is something I need to focus on. I have so much going on that whatever seems the most urgent is what gets the attention .. so I don't get around to doing the things I really want to do to reach specific goals.

Barbara Sharpe

LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Cate - Home Finance

--focusing on the kids and doing a better job of listening, saying "yes" when I can, and not reacting to everything as though they need to be corrected and re-directed

This is something I need to work on as well. It's so easy for me to get caught in in showing the the "right" way that I forget that they need to try things out and fail-- especially with the small stuff.

And Cindy, I'm with you on the ADD. I was recently diagnosed and resisted the idea for a while. Since I didn't have the hyperactivity I didn't see it.

I really have no idea what my priorities are. This is something that really bothers me. I can't seem to decide where I want my life to go.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Gregory DL Editor
I've spent a lot of time since my near-death experience in October thinking about priorities. I've realized I had a strong tendency to put everyone else's needs before my own.

My top priority at all times now is placing my own needs, especially my health, mental well being and time, above the needs of others. After all, how can I help improve the lives of others if I'm not first taking care of myself and living by positive example.

This reprioritizing has created a some ill feelings among my friends and family. No one likes to lose their top spot for something lower. But, I clearly discovered who the takers are in my life and now I decide when to give. It's very freeing.

Gregory

I'm so with you on this, Gregory.

I didn't have a near death experience, (I'd love to hear about yours though!) but I was completely stunned when I was diagnosed with multiple uterine fibroids. My stomach problems were out of control as well, and I realized something had to change. I realized in that moment, that what had to change was me.

I had made my life into something that served only other people. What they wanted from me and how I could manifest it for them was my reason for living. I earned my certification in life coaching just before my diagnosis, so that I could help people along toward their bliss, but there I was a total mess. I had to face that I wasn't following my own bliss at all, but more obsessed with others finding theirs. So I stopped. I stopped everything and got very, very quiet. My new priority in life was to take care of me. To give to myself all of the nurturing I was giving to everyone else. Finally, I came first, and everyone else took their respective place.

I stopped playing the destructive games my family members were playing. I stopped dancing for other people's approval. I entered into acupuncture and massage therapy to accompany my regular therapy. I discovered the Tao. My healing had truly begun, because I really started caring for myself. During my healing period, I learned that I was a writer. I allowed myself the time and space to write. I started with poetry - one of my poems (a haiku) was accepted to appear in the summer edition of Muse! I began writing a novel, then got accepted here at BellaOnline. (A bow of deepest thanks to you, Lisa and your goal of helping others.) I thought it was perfect, as I could still assist others in their healing, as I learn and progress with my own healing. I recently finished the first draft of my novel, and am beginning a new one!

By making myself top priority, I have discovered who I really am, what I can give to myself, and what I can afford to give to others. I understand my own boundaries, how to be present in the moment and to always do my best - even if my best today isn't as top form as my best was yesterday. At 46, I have never been so at peace with myself.

I finally understand what it is to love myself, and have that be my truth - the finest thing I have to offer.

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Alice -

Health really is so important, a lot of us neglect it for short term concerns. We definitely need to help ourselves - and take care of ourselves - in balance with helping others.

Being financially secure is also really so important. So much stress and energy is wasted in worrying about finances. We can definitely help out with that!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gregory -

It really is amazing how much of a wake-up call you get when something like that happens. You suddenly realize how you really want to spend your life, how precious life is. It's a shame that most of us don't get that important "jolt" to get back on track.

It is wonderful that you are focusing on your health. You are so right - you need to take care of yourself and be happy with yourself in order to best help others.

It is great that you have such a supportive partner in life! That really is something to treasure.

I understand completely what you're saying about "takers" that exist in life. Those people really get spoiled in feeding off of your energy and get quite grumpy when their free ride is cut short. You can't let them guide your dreams. They have their own issues to work through and hopefully they will manage it. I know of *several* friends who had to cut ties with family members because of issues like that. They are SO much happier now. It's a hard thing to do, but it can be absolutely critical to your contentment.

In the end, if someone enjoys harming you emotionally, mentally, however - they are not good for you. If they aren't aware enough to realize what they're doing, then you can put some distance in the relationship until hopefully they get a clue. You don't have to allow damage to your own health because of their poor behavior.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Meg -

You definitely live as an inspiration to those you coach! You have your priorities very well defined and organized smile That is great that you find success with your priorities in hand!

The honeybee issue is definitely an important one!

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.