Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113606 Topics
806764 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 231
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 108
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 58
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#655580 - 01/12/11 06:34 AM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Jilly]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Jilly - you've done an AWESOME job of working through all the different areas and giving thought to where they stand! Excellent job!

I think you're doing wonderfully with identifying which specific things you can work on in each area. Certainly your case manager is a good place to start!

Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Twitter Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Facebook Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to MySpace Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Reddit
#664554 - 02/20/11 03:40 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

For newcomers to this thread, we do our ten minute calm exercise in order to prepare us for thinking about our life priorities. That way we can listen to what is really important in our lives.

If you've found a place of calm, it's time to examine your priorities!

What Are Your Priorities?

Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Twitter Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Facebook Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to MySpace Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes to Reddit
#700958 - 07/09/11 12:43 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I was just thinking how key my daily yoga / meditation practice is to me, and how it relates to this thread! Having that quiet focus time in my day is quite wonderful - and I miss it a lot when I don't make the time for it. The days I try to "save time" by skipping it, I end up losing that time in the end because I'm not as calm and centered going about my tasks!

Has anyone else built a 10 minute daily quiet period into their schedule?

#701307 - 07/11/11 04:05 AM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I honestly keep forgetting to do that. frown

i will be starting a weekly yoga class when i get back from san diego, though.

#701755 - 07/14/11 06:32 AM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Jilly]
rodav Offline
Amoeba

I've been trying to stick to some form of meditation, but I never get to achieving it. Always, there is family and a hundred different things that wrest my time from it.

#701855 - 07/14/11 11:17 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: rodav]
astrologer V Offline

Jilly, You are going about relieving your stress, in a very practical way, My hat is off to you. Would you believe me if I told you, you have all the answers to the conditions that make you feel stressful? The answers are in your subconscious mind and if you will find 10 minutes a day to meditate, asking for one answer at a time, the answer will be given when you meditate. Calm your self down with deep breathing, talk to your subconscious like it was a counselor. Keep asking the same question until you get an answer.

#704091 - 07/27/11 06:50 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: astrologer V]
BellaOnline Editor

Rodav -

One technique that works for me is to attach it to another activity. So I do my yoga daily and the yoga ends with a meditation session. That way I never miss the meditation because I don't skip the yoga.

Maybe there's some part of your day that you can attach to the meditation? Maybe meditate while you drink your morning coffee, or meditate after you write in your journal in bed at night?

#710690 - 08/27/11 05:37 AM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Ronald Rogers Offline

Loc: UK
I am new to this forum but have spent 10 years teaching managers how to cope with stress. One of the best ways I have found is to encourage laughter. This is the second best way to relieve stress. Whatever your situation, find something to laugh about, read a funny book, or listen to a joke. Just to get you started, here is a quick joke: Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, 'Dam' Sorry!

#712339 - 09/03/11 07:23 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Ronald Rogers]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
The joke made two old geezers laugh. It was pretty funny!
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#793479 - 11/19/12 06:11 PM Re: Reducing Stress Just for 10 Minutes [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I apologize if there were any posts made after September 11th to this thread - we had a mishap with this thread and this was the latest recovery I could easily get to. Feel free to chime in from this point forward! smile

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  DebbieMandel 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
21 minutes 26 seconds ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
22 minutes 33 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
25 minutes 18 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
29 minutes 0 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:41 AM
Best Body Care Gifts for Friends & Family
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 07:29 AM
Top 10 Mistakes at the Car Dealer
by Steve - Cars
Cars
Today at 07:04 AM
Winter Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:17 AM
Neurotic November Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
Great iPhone 6 and 6 plus accessories
by Ewa - Photography
Photography
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.