Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#427325 06/16/08 05:08 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
What is the source of your true happiness? Is it one major thing in your life or a combination of things?

Many people, including myself, may find this question difficult to answer without writing a whole lot of stuff. Happiness involves so many different parts of our lives - but what is your main joy in life?

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/16/08 05:10 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I don't think I can really answer that, because I don't think happiness is one thing. There are different kinds of happy -- the joy of something pleasant and unexpected, the loving feelings towards one's family, the contentment of doing an activity which you enjoy... and they all are happy things.

But, I think it doesn't hurt if your needs are met, and you can find something productive to do that you enjoy.

OP Offline
After thinking about it more I think that my true happiness changes with each stage of life I have gone through because my needs and focus in life changes. Right now my true happiness is my family (children, grandchildren, siblings, Mother) and spending time with them.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have, too, have had many sources of happiness throughout my life. Friends then family, especially when the children came along smile As all of these things have settled into my life, I've found that the source of my happiness is really within me. And as I allow myself to be happy, pretty much anything can bring me happiness LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

E
E
A wonderful and supportive family and friends. I'm glad that I'm surrounded by people whom I can rely on and give me support whenever ugly and unexpected things come up.

elrhino7 #428334 06/19/08 11:59 AM
M
M
I think make other ppl happy is really give u totally happiness at least this happen to me.

G
G
Be happy and also make other happy to live a fruitful life.Life is like a mountain so we should spread love like a fountain.True Happiness help us to be a wonderful person.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 07/15/08 06:01 PM.
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
True happiness for me is when my husband looks at me after dinner and says, "Dinner was out of this world." Then as he is clearing the dishes he walks by me and kisses me. That's what it's all about for me.

True happiness for me is when my 20-year-old stops by the house and when he leaves he reaches down and gives me a big hug and says, "I love you, Mom."
I melt.

True happiness is when I'm painting on a canvas and totally have no sense of time and space. I get lost for hours on end. That's true happiness for me.

And finally, true happiness is when I can make other people happy and put a smile on their face. smile

P
P
good question, i do not think i have found true happiness. i would like to though. i think i have put so much faith in some of the people that i love family ect, i just seem to get hurt over and over again. i believe when the good lord comes for me he has promised me happiness with him.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I believe that if we are experiencing unhappiness, we really need to turn to ourselves, rather than those around us. Let's face it, our friends and loved ones, no matter how well they are intentioned, can disappoint us. We have no control over other people and what they do. But we can control our own happiness, and we can count on ourselves. So I think if we are experiencing unhappiness, it's very important to first start with a gratitude list, then work our way out from there wink

Last edited by Bella_Deanna; 07/01/08 04:31 PM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.