logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
My father instilled in me to not walk away from a situation without learning something from it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My father also taught me to respect Nature.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I read this question and my first thought was You can always finish a crossword puzzle, even if you don't know the answers

My dad isn't one to give advice smile

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
My dad always told me to walk with my head held high - be proud of myself.

I miss my dad!

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
P
P
wow this one hit home, he never ever gave me any advice. he was the type of man that stayed in the background there but not really there. oh well

Gecko
Gecko
Hmmm some things were what he said some where things he did. Some advice is great some not great at all. The good stuff: My dad's dad died when he was a teen (my dad) just before or after that his brother died. The family lived on the wrong side of the tracks so to speak. But my dad is now well off now. My mum and dad own five houses and travel internationally several times a year. He worked hard and got his own company. Started off poor and he's almost rich now! So that was a lesson in itself! Also I got my hard work ethic from him & I learned that our family works we don't go on benefits. (Obviously if we were struggling it would be different!) He can also be generous. He once for e.g. donated about ten baby cots to the church creche when they needed them and he donated them annonymously. At 60 odd he went for a couple of dancing lessons! So that taught me a few things too! Mum and dad's investing in property has inspired me to do that when I can - although I see at the moment the market aint too hot. I got my love of travel from both my parents. When I was young I don't remember kiddie music and McDonalds (McDonalds came later.) We were taken to run in the park then it was Italian restaurants and at home often Julio Iglasius and Opera! I think personally it made my tastes a bit more sophisticated! I think my dad helped my musical appreciation further. I am adopted and my biological dad was musical too but my adoptive dad is a whizz on the piano! Because of his hard work mum and dad could afford to get me braces and put me through University and I learned a lot there too! My dad used to read some fabulous books which I'd borrow e.g. "Dare to win" and "The Aladdin Factor" by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen and Wayne Dyer's Manifest Your Destiny. And The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale and Think and Grow Rich. And Rich dad poor dad. The principles have taken about 10 years to start sinking in though! Life has NOT been perfect with my dad and there are certainly bad points too but I guess he's taught me a lot - some of it very good!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.