Greetings all... just a little update here for you smile

The flooding that I have been recording online for these past two and a half months or so has now come to be the worst that the area has seen in over 500 years, according to a senior member of the department of transportation, whom I spoke with this morning. Some of the levys erected by volunteers and emergency crews have broken, forcing local communities into evacuation, including yours truly. Many area counties have now been declared disaster areas.

I have to say, even in the midst of what can be called disaster, things have been amazingly free from chaos. Over these past few weeks, emergency crews and volunteers have been continuously at work building retaining walls, levys, blocking off unsafe roads, and the like into places that many had previously thought couldn't even be affected by floods. Yet, the order involved causes no undue hardship to the local community, and the expertise of these people is integrated so smoothly that one could think these things happen all the time. I have to commend those who orchestrate this work for the job they do under such extreme stress and pressure. Kudos to all.

I am working at getting settled once more, now that the worst is soon to pass, so will have the contests and sweepstakes site back up and running asap.

Hopefully, myself and others will be able to boat in to stay at home once again later this week, as the river is expected to crest by wednesday... time will tell.

Peace to all,

Last edited by Jennifer_T; 06/15/08 08:15 PM.

Jennifer L. Thompson
Contests and Sweepstakes

My Care2