Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
How do you keep track of the quilts that you make? Do you keep a small book, or something more elaborate. What are the details that you note in your records. What information do you think is important to keep in your quilt journals or diaries?

Please tell us how you keep your quilt records? This information will be most helpful to all our BellaOnline quilters. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheerio for now

Last edited by Judie - Quilting Editor; 06/14/08 08:32 PM.

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
CDM Offline
In addition to being a quilter, I am a scrapbooker. So, naturally I keep a scrapbook of the quilts I have made. The scrapbook/journal I use is called "A Quilter's Legacy" and was published in 1997 by Brasswind Publishing. Each page is lined with a place for the Quilt name, pattern, size, date started, dated finished, etc. There is a place for you to journal the quilts story. There is also a place to put the photographs of each quilt. I include a picture of the person who is receiving the quilt and also the thank you note that usually follows. I hope this post will inspire others to scrapbook their quilting stories to create their own legacy.

CINDY

Purple is not a color...it is a way of life!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Wow, CDM, it sounds wonderful and terribly well organised. I especially like the idea of keeping a photo of the owner and any thank you messages you've received.

It is especially good to have a record in case the quilt goes missing or is destroyed, you have a record all about the quilt that an insurer can use to assess the loss.

Well done CDM, good to hear from you again. Keep you fingers busy, cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

S
S
I keep a separate photo album that I can show to perspective customers who want a custom quilt. It shows my diversity, color choices, and designs.

I do so many for charity I just do not keep all info I do keep a lot of photos

I only recently started to record them. I have always given them away so I will have no record of them up to this point. I started because I wanted to record the family quilts for the family history I have been working on for 25 years. It occurred to me I needed to record my own work. They will be in an album/file called 'Family Artifacts'. I am sorry I didn't start sooner.
It is really hard to get a good photo of a large quilt where I live. So the photo session can go on and on and on.....

R
R
I have been keeping photos of the quilts I have made but need to now put them in an album and say who the quilt went to. It seems that if I sit down to do the album, I am taking away time I could be quilting therefore I have not made my album.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks Racing Red Granny, you gave me a chuckle. Everything I do that isn't quilting related competes for my time. Even cooking a meal, housework etc. Every moment could be spent wallowing in my quilting passion. The way I overcome this dilemna is to set aside an appointment with myself to (say) make this album you need. I would put a couple of hours aside in my diary to make the album. That way, I don't feel I'm being frivilious with my time, I set a time limit and the job gets done!!
Tell me what you think?
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

C
Shark
Shark
C
Do you all sign your quilts? You should!!

Also, those of you not keeping records remind me of the first archaeologists. They weren't really good about keeping records either. They'd collect gobs of stuff without cataloging it and recording where it was found. Then, they'd drop dead and no one else would know where the stuff actually came from.

Make a few notes--your descendants would probably get a kick out of knowing some of the "extras" about your creations!!

cela

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.