Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#387891 03/05/08 09:43 PM
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
I would like to keep this thread going on a regular basis so that visitors can post their interests, questions or topics of interest. If there is something you would like to learn more about regarding Latin music, please let me know here. From history to music artists to reviews, let me know what interests you. But feel free to add a new thread as well if there is something you would like to discuss with everyone. Enjoy!

Karin Norgard
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
I recently received a request for more information on Ivy Queen, the female reggaeton artist. In a musical genre dominated by men, Ivy Queen has achieved recognition in the form of music awards and hit songs that have reached the top of the Latin music charts.

Stay tuned for an article on Ivy Queen this month on the Latin music site. I will also be featuring other female recording artists who are making a name for themselves in a male-dominated industry.

Feel free to post here with any other female - or male - Latin music artists that you are interested in learning more about.

Karin Norgard
J
J
I love listening Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias.Both r just awesome.

M
M
Enrique is just aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome singer.Shakira and Ricky martin is also in my list.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Theodoro Reyes is a great bachata singer. Bachata is a style of music that is very popular in the Dominican Republic, and is now getting alot of radio play in my city. Does anyone else know about this style of music?

*Transitions*
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
In answer to several requests, this week's article is on Latin pop sensation Ricky Martin. Enjoy!

And Ms. D, bachata is absolutely beautiful music! It is one of my favorites. You can read an overview of the music and the dance here. You can also listen to bachata music here. And keep checking back for more articles on today's best bachata artists and bands. Do you dance bachata as well, Ms. D?

Last edited by Karin-Latin Music Editor; 06/14/08 11:34 PM.

Karin Norgard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I will check out the link that you posted Karin. Oh yes I love it, and I dance it. It's the R&B of latin music. My mom taught me how to dance this style of music when I was a little girl. I am from miami,and I live in an area where there are mostly dominicans, so I hear it all the time.

*Transitions*
S
Shark
Shark
S
Are Gipsy Kings considered Latin? They are really good.

R
R
The Spanish and their music helped the Latin American music to originate. since its birth, the music has always ruled the hearts of the people and for this we must thank all the great artists like Elda Cerrato, Ivan Serpa, Manuel Gregorio Acosta, Esteban Villa, Jonathan Cadavid, Amelia Peláez etc.

Ruhi Sheikh
Music Reviewer

X
X

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.