Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Everyone has memories of something really out there they've seen. So, what's the strangest thing you've every seen in your life?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
A hovering and darting bright light in the sky. My brother and I were driving back from Whidbey Island (in the Pacific Northwest) late one night. Coming thru farmlands where it is flat and you can see for miles, we saw this bright light in the sky and it was just still. It was so bright we stopped and got out of the car to get a better look. It just hovered over the land then suddenly darted to another, higher spot and hovered again. It kept doing this for several minutes then just darted off. Out in that area, sounds carry for miles and we did not here any sound from this "light" so we were sure it was not a helicopter or plane of some kind. When it left, it was like instantly gone!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I hope you reported that to the authorities!

We called when we got home (we had no cell phones back then) and the sherriff's office said they get a lot of calls like that and they would "take a look out that way". We never heard any more about it.

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/12/08 12:03 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Phyllis, I can image what they were thinking ;o)

Rosie L
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
When we were looking for a house 15 years ago we drove down a desolate dirt road to look at a house. It was a rare country-like tree line road off a major city road. It felt like a magical piece of heaven in the middle of hectic city life, but it had an erie feel to it at the same time. Suddenly an old woman, dressed all in white, that looked to be in her 80's appeared in the middle of the road. She stared straight ahead into the car, but would not have eye contact with us. She had a white handkerchief in her hand and kept waving it in a motion over her head and forward in front of her, down the road (back where we came from). I looked behind us to see if there was anyone she was motioning to. There was no one. It would seem she was trying to tell us to turn around and go back. It felt like a warning. Just feet away was the entrance to the house driveway. We didn't even need to enter the drive to know the house was a complete dive and not worth our time. It was down right scary. My husband was already turning the car around when we all were in shock. The woman was gone! She just disappeared. She couldn't have picked up the pace and ran up to the city road that was a mile away. We looked in the woods and didn't see her on either side. It was like she disappeared in thin air. I don't know if we saw a ghost or an angel, but we did go up the street and found the house that was waiting for us and have been in it ever since. Who knows.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/12/08 09:07 PM.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.