Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#405470 04/10/08 10:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hubby and I went out to eat tonight to Macaroni Grill - admittedly not a 4 star restaurant, but nice enough for us (anything without a playground is a step up in my book!)

Anyway, we are sitting at a table, and I glance around to see where our waitress is, and notice a mom and teen daughter (guessing because of ages) sitting in the booth next to us. The teen has her shoes OFF and is sitting cross legged with her bare feet in the booth's seat.

To me, this is just wrong! You do not take your shoes off in a public restaurant, and you especially do not put your bare feet where someone else might be sitting. Ack! eek

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
That does sound disgusting in a restaurant. I saw someone barefooted the other day in the grocery store. I don't understand what has become of people these days. I live in Los Angeles and the outfits I see on people is just shocking at times.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That does seem inappropriate for both foot odor and hygiene reasons. I can only imagine that maybe she had flip flops on and wasn't thinking about it? Maybe restaurants should have a sign saying "no shirt no shoes no flip flops no service" smile But flip flops seem to be becoming very standard. Think of those girls who wore flip flops to meet the President ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
C
Has anyone seen people out with their slippers on? I think that's becoming the "new shoe", next thing you know people will be wearing their pajamas out to the store too.

Where i live people do wear their pajamas out to shop, and on the bus. and even to the bank

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
What's next then if people are already walking around in pajamas and slippers? smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Michelle, i take off my shoes and cross my legs like you described. I had no idea some people might find it gross. My feet are clean. My shoes aren't. Am I supposed to put my dirty shoes on the booth? smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Personally, I don't think it's appropriate to put your feet, w/ or w/out shoes on the seat.

I mean, if it is not proper etiquette to put your elbows on the table, how can it be proper to put your feet up on the seat where someone else is going to be sitting?

And you say "my feet are clean, my shoes aren't". Your feet have been in those dirty shoes. So if it is a closed in shoe - then its a stinky feet problem,and if it is a sandal type thing, then we are talking dirt and dust.

We wash our hands before meals (hopefully), if we start going barefoot in restaurants, then we'll need to wach our feet, too. crazy

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
i guess i will have to be the black sheep here. I see nothing wrong with it. Nor with elbows on the table. I always hesitate to post in this forum b/c it seems i am the black sheep in everything ever posted here. frown

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
LOL Jilly, we love you anyway! laugh

I may be coming off a bit harhser than normal because of my hed, and I'm alsostrgulling w/ an internal probpem.

Nothing likee taking yu miond of younrproblems than by jump-ing ion somenes else! smirk

drugs are kciking in, hving a hard timenty-ping right now - thigkni'll sleep.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.