Print Thread
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Senator Barack Obama has made history as the first African American Democratic Presidential nominee. Whew! That was a lot of words! smile Should it matter?

I believe it is a wonderful thing to see an African American make it this far. It would have also been great to see a woman get the nod. In either case, history was made. Not just Black history; but American History.

Whether you are a supporter or not of Senator Obama, it is a proud moment to reflect upon. To see this momentous event occur in our life time. However, the real question looms, and has been asked by a few bold people: Is America ready for an African American President? Is he (Obama) ready to handle that responsibility?

Tell me what you think...

Blessings,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Of course he is. Why not? Because the landscape of America is changing; the demographics of America are changing and change waits for no one. He will definitely, being black be the cause of change and unity as a united front. There are less and less people seeing "color" in this country and if one is not ready to accept the "change", it still will come. Its time for America and the government to be returned back to the people and surely McCain can't, he's part of the old system and Hillary won't because she is too deep in the pockets of lobbyist. Give American back to the people.

By the way, Ruthe, your site is amazing. Good topics. Keep putting out good articles and should you desire to take up gardening, stop by my post too. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
B
B
Yes America is ready. That is evident by Obama�s win. Americans from all walks of life are supporting Senator Obama and that speaks volumes.
As far as his readiness, I know that Barack Obama will make an excellent president. He is inspiring and has a level of common sense that seems to be missing in politics today. He has a willingness to listen to and work with people on all sides of any issue.
The definition of insanity is doing something the same way and expecting a different result. Well, come January 20th, it�s out with the insanity and in with a change you can believe in!

Visit me at Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Yes, I believe he is ready, as well. And, America is at a threshold for change. I just pray that we can transition into this new era with open hearts and minds, and know, that change does not happen over night; but is a process. Because, you better believe that, should Senator Obama win, all eyes will be on him; scoping every little thing he does...especially, too, since he is a Black man.

Thank you, Kimmie! I will have to check out your site! I have a lot of questions about gardening!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
In response to Blaque, she said the majic word: common sense because it surely is missing in politics today. I used to know several associates that had a lot of booksmart but no common sense. I agree with that definition of insanity, doing something the same way and expecting a different result, is the truth and nothing but the truth also.

Ruthe, in response to you, this kind of change surely will not happen over night but we have to have faith. By now, as the special people God made us, from childhood into adulthood, the scrutiny upon which we are under and encounter daily (all eyes will be on US; scoping every little thing we DO...especially, too, since we are a people of color, is expected and we too are overcoming this kind of behavior everyday. We can believe that surely God is just for allowing this great moment in time to occur in our lifetime. Keep being who you are my sista's, even the Savior of the world was hated by "all men" the bible says. Have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by Kimmie - Bulb Lady; 06/14/08 01:42 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.