Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
I love adding a new resource to my business library. I'm currently reading Resonate Leadership by Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee. It talks about leadership that makes a difference and inspires others in their gifting.

What are you reading?

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I'm reading "The Age of Miracles: Embracing The New Midlife", by Marianne Williamson. It's great so far.

I like to read inspiring books because they encourage me to allow my full potential to come forward. Of course, this directly affects others around me, as well as my business.

Resonate Leadership sounds good. I believe a great Leader is one who draws the genius out of her team. My own personal mission is to empower women leaders to empower others in this way.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Winter Study by Nevada Barr. I love her mysteries - they take place in different national parks in the US. very cool.

Of course this is not a business book. As for business I am checking out David Allen's Ready for Anything.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Both sound like great books. I have The Age of Miracles in my "to read next" pile. I look forward to it. And Jill Winter Study sounds like a good summer read.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Forum Moderator
Parakeet
Parakeet
Chinda how China and India effect globalization. It's been very interesting.

N
N
I am reading Duct Tape Marketing, Word of Mouth Marketing, and How Customers Think.

I highly recommend Fooled by Randomness, Black Swan, and Halo Effect. After you read Halo Effect, you will think twice before buying any of the "business" books such as Build to Last, Good to Great, etc.

Last edited by netbella; 06/10/08 05:39 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I just finished the Power of Now. Before that it was Three Cups of Tea and Eat, Pray and Love. I recommend all three!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I'm reading a book on Brands & Branding. I've only just started it but already it's opened my eyes to how powerful a successful brand can be.

Christine Blachford
Formula 1 Editor
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
This is a really important issues right now. Those in the business world would do well to pay attention to what is going on in China and India. Thanks for posting.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Forum Moderator
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Thanks for adding your comments. It will be good to compile a list for the readers of the site on the favorites.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Forum Moderator
Parakeet
Parakeet
If you are looking for good marketing books with information broken into small bite sized thoughts check out meatball sundea and small is the new big.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L

It is interesting to look back at old posts to see what people were reading five years ago.

I read a few of the books mentioned: The Power of Now, Duct Tape Marketing. I never got around to reading Eat Pray Love nor did I see the movie though I meant to.

Right now I’m reading Gabrielle Bernstein’s May Cause Miracles.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Such great information! You have to have the right philosophy in your personal and professional life.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I've just finished reading The Sound of Things Falling by Colombian writer Juan Gabriel Vásquez. Beautifully written, thoughtful book.

But I'm now reading The Astronaut Wives Club. I read the other day that it's going to be a TV series starting soon. (I doubt that I'll watch it.)

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Once in a Blue Moon by Eileen Goudge. She is the best writer ever! I can just fall into the book and feel like I'm living it.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
I am reading 'Mustang a lost Tibetan kingdom' by Michel Peissel. I have read 'Three cups of Tea', 'Snow Leopard', '7 years in Tibet', 'Into the thin air' in past few years. I will also read 'Buddha's warriors' as I have found it resourceful to know more about cultural revolution in Tibet.

The book I am reading now 'Mustang a lost Tibetan Kingdom' explains the place as hidden paradise, where wheels were not used and earth was thought to be flat. 'Sky burial', polyandry, Tibetan bandits, Shakya Buddhist royal family, Tibetan medicine practice, meditation caves witnessed by writer in as late as 1960es make it sound like a hidden Shangri La.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.