Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#417131 05/11/08 12:39 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi All,

I am a pretty avid collector of crystals for some reason. I don't really use them but I can't stop myself from collecting them. Even as a child I used to dig for rock and took great pleasure in finding quartz and studying names for rocks.

Despite all of this, I've never been able to really feel any crystal vibration - until now. I recently bought a dravite gemstone ring and wow it's not only the coolest gem I've ever had but it's the first one that I can feel doing something!

The dravite I have is dark brown but flashes all sorts of colors - red, orange, green, gold, even blue. I'm in love with this stone!

Not only is it beautiful but I can feel my third eye buzzing like crazy. I have this fairly intense yet pleasurable feeling in my head that I can only assume is a result of the crystal as the sensation occurred upon the arrival of the stone.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about why this particular stone seems to resonate with me so much - why of all the crystals I've had (some of them supposedly with much stronger vibrations) this one would be the one to which I would react. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the specific properties of a dravite tourmaline are.

Lux,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
Shark
L
Tourmaline is used as a gemstone, occuring in all colors. Dravite merely means brown. Tourmaline also has many scientific and technological uses due to the fact that an electrical charge can be induced in some tourmaline crystals simply by applying pressure to the crystal in the direction of the vertical crystal axis. This effect is known as piezoelectricity, and has many uses in pressure measuring equipment and other scientific applications. Some tourmalines also show pyroelectricity, which occurs when the crystal is heated yielding a positive charge at one end of the crystal and a negative charge at the other.

Tourmaline is the birthstone for the month of October.
The astrological sign of tourmaline is Libra.
Tourmalines are said to enhance one's understanding, increase self-confidence and amplify one's psychic energies. They also are said to neutralize negative energies, dispell fear and grief, and to aid in concentration and communication.
Tourmalines are also said to be usefull in relaxing the body and the mind, and to help in the treatment of infectious diseases, anxiety, blood poisoning, arthritis and heart disease.

Metaphysical properties for the specific colors of tourmaline are given below:
Black and Brown Tourmaline: said to absorb and give protection against negativity from both people and electrical & magnetic fields. It is also said to sharpen one's wits, to enhance vitality and to give emotional stability.
Blue Tourmaline: said to enhance one's communication skills, intuition and spiritual perspective.
Green Tourmaline said to give success, prosperity and peacefull sleep.
Pink-Red-Purple Tourmaline: Said to inspire love, spirituality and creativity, and to give wisdom and enhance one's willpower.
Watermelon Tourmaline: said to be very effective in helping one to recover from emotional problems. Also all the properties of pink & green tourmalines.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hi Aisling

Congratulations on feeling the energies of your tourmaline! Some stones certainly feel more alive than others. As well as sensing the inherent energy of the stone I sometimes feel that there is a deva present within. Stones like this carry exceptional energies, so look after your ring- it sounds very special and it obviously likes you too!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
This is interesting. They are putting tourmaline in blowdryers and flat irons now to cause hair to dry faster among other things. I wonder what other effects they might have.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.