logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'm not sure yet, I really would want to write a non-fiction one. I don't have any ideas yet, I need to keep a lookout. smile I have to set the mood, though. I have to retire in Monterrey, CA for inspiration--that place is beautiful. I remember passing by on a family trip and the place has always stayed with me. John Steinbeck lived in Central CA most of his life and wrote novels that centered around that area.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I meant to say say a fiction one. I want to write a fiction novel because it takes more creativity.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
If that's what you want, than that's what you should go for...no time like the present to start that first sentence of the first chapter. Once you get started you can always tuck it away and bring it back out and work on it on a rainy day or when you feel creatively inspired. If you whittle away at it when you have little chunks of time, before you know it, you will have a novel written. Go for it!

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/19/08 11:09 AM.
Shark
Shark
Another suggestion for Cynthia -

Get the background of your story out of your head and on paper (or on screen.) Write out the overall plot you imagine, the characters involved, the setting. Maybe do an outline if you can imagine what happens in different chapters.

Then... In November, join NANOWRIMO - and challenge yourself to flesh out your novel in one month. It's a challenging month, but it's full of support from fellow writers.

If this process suits you, you can take your book idea at a leisurely pace over the summer, then decide to really tackle it in November, when many other creatives are pounding the keys right along with you!

Best wishes,

Meg Meyer

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Thanks very much for the suggestion on nanowrimo, Meg!

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/19/08 10:31 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
To be a photographer! I think I must've been more in love with the notion of being called a photographer, instead of just being one.

L
Shark
Shark
L
well I am a writer and I do write---so that is not really UNfulfilled....but I have always wanted to learn to weave or knit by machine. I just don't have the space available or the funds to get started. And no one to teach me.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Bea - Could you expand on your post? I'm interested in hearing more about what you mean...

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Ravyn - What if you started off on a small scale doing small weavings. My mother does a new kind a weaving wear she gets a blank tapestry (blanket) at the needlepoint or craft store and then gets yard and weaves it into the large clothe back and forth until a design appears. You can pick any sort of colors and make up your own pattern and when you're done you have a beautiful throw blanket to put on a couch or chair. I hope to put up an article on this technique in the near future. It's just a thought. It's not that expensive, easy to learn and you wouldn't need the large scale weaving tables. It could start you out with weaving anyway.

L
Shark
Shark
L
sounds interesting Deb...

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.