Page 1 of 2 1 2
#422818 06/01/08 09:44 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Here is the place to talk about the ups and downs of interfaith relationships. I know some Pagans have significant others who don't share their faith.

Do you have any questions you would like to ask? Do you have tips and support you would like to share with others?

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My husband is Catholic, doesn't really practice, but believes. I am Wiccan. It works because we both respect the other's beliefs and don't try to change them.

Neither one of us takes ourselves too seriously, can laugh at ourselves and our own failings.

So I would say acceptance, respect and a sense of humor help.

Sometimes my husband will ask me to "pray to whoever it is you pray to" or "do one of your rituals or do some magic". He means it sincerely, he's not making fun at all, he just doesn't know how else to say it.

I have occasionally accompanied him to church and have offered to go many times if he wants me to. He joined me at the St. Louis Pagan Picnic last year, so there's a lot of give and take between us.

L
Shark
Shark
L
I have an interfaith relationship with myself. LOL

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I think that it is HUGE that he has that much belief in you and what you are!!!!! Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 06/02/08 03:27 PM.
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Helen,

That is great. I have known couples where they each just do their own thing and respect each other. That's such an enlightened attitude to have. I've also known of one couple where the wife came to Paganism many years after the marriage and the husband was not accepting at all and became abusive over it. That marriage of course did not last.

My husband is Pagan, but he still does his own thing. We have only done one ceremony together. I would prefer it if he would come to events with me. I've asked, and he just isn't interested. He is very much a solitary. But we have so much more in common, and since he is a Pagan and totally supports me, I can't really complain.

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 06/02/08 06:26 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Helen, you are so fortunate, you and your husband, to be able to share and respect each other's beliefs.

Personally, I tend to agree with RavynG. And I respect myself and my different beliefs, because I have found a way that is right for me to blend them in harmony. smile

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/02/08 06:34 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
My husband is studying Asatru, and before that studied ancient Sumerian theology. I'm an eclectic, Deist Wiccan. We have spiritual conversations and support each other. We do some informal Sabbat celebrations. But we don't do ritual or other practices together.

I think that the thing that bridges the gap between us is that we have the same intellectual approach toward religion. We're both content in being cosmically wrong if we can find a way to be personally right. We don't judge what is right for the other, and approach each other's choices with interest.

It works for us...

Anda

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Anda, You sound so much like my other half. She is a doctoral candidate and will have her Ph.D by November of this year. She is very spiritual, very down to earth, no pretense or B.S. and I don't mean Bachelor of Science. I am very proud of her! ! ! What the hell she ever sees in me at times is beyond me???? She is a right and left brain thinker and I am hopelessly confined to the right. We just love each other and have been married 41 years. Some in my family and some in hers said that it will never last, they're all gone now, we're still here. We act remedial at times and laugh like two kids where ever we are. If there is rock and roll music playing in the grocery store we have been known to dance around the aisles-earth people you know.

ancientflaxman, your marriage sounds like a beautiful union. It is wonderful to hear about unions like yours and Anda's that work. Blessings to all of you.

I was in a marriage, years ago, and my husband would ridicule everything I believed in. Needless to say, the marriage did not last long.

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/05/08 11:16 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Phyllis, I wonder if he ever found out what he was missing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.